Del Sol Dual core Rad

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

Hey guys,

Was wondering what year the dual core radiator from the Del Sol came in, or was it all of them?

Also, are they pretty much the same size as the little stock EG Civic hatch rad, just twice the thickness? Are all the mounting locations and brackets the same?

Thanks.

94+ del sol VTEC i believe

most parts stores list all of them as the same though
you might have to go to the dealer and get ass raped
or try to find a good deal on a fluidyne, koyo, pwr, etc somewhere online

lol...funny you should bring up the Honda dealer. I called them yesterday to see how much it was just to replace the single core I have now in the hatch.......

$749 cdn. !!!!!!!!! :eek3:

So I just called a bunch of rad shops in the area, and I sourced out a Del Sol rad for $120 refurbished with a 2 year warranty. DONE. Fucking stupid Honda.

Just wanted to see if it's the same rad for the most part.

Thanks E

749 fucking dollars ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

holy fucking shit

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 15 2005, 08:24 PM
749 fucking dollars ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

holy fucking shit
[post=527055]Quoted post[/post]​

No word of a lie man. $749 canadian. I just sat silent on the phone for a sec and said "you're serious?" He's like "yep". More silence.... "well, good luck with that buddy" and I hung up.

I was flabberghasted for a few minutes.......Thats like someone trying to sell you a can of pepsi for $100.

:thumbsdown:

actually, all automatic civics had dual Core radiators. If You have an EG with no AC, an Integra radiator is actually really easy to put in, as long as you have a drill, few drill bits, and a small peice of aluminum. I was trying to find the article that has a good write up but it looks like the site is down.

Originally posted by Blanco@Jul 16 2005, 06:27 AM
Any idea how to put a GSR radiator into an EF hatch?
[post=527160]Quoted post[/post]​

are they even the same size? i thought that the EG and Integra radiators are the same height; some people tried to put EG radiators in the EF and it was too tall.

Are Integra Rads full length, or still the half-style like the EG? Because I think I need to stick with the half style......a full length one might present clearance issues with a turbo manifold later down the line......

Originally posted by adnoh@Jul 16 2005, 11:53 AM
Are Integra Rads full length, or still the half-style like the EG? Because I think I need to stick with the half style......a full length one might present clearance issues with a turbo manifold later down the line......
[post=527222]Quoted post[/post]​

integra=full length. since you might have clearance problems, definantly stick with the EG rad.

Originally posted by K2e2vin+Jul 16 2005, 11:58 AM-->
@Jul 16 2005, 11:53 AM
[post=527222]Quoted post[/post]​

integra=full length. since you might have clearance problems, definantly stick with the EG rad.
[post=527224]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks bro. :thumbsup:

Strangly, my car - perhaps and aftemarket addition ended up in my hands with an odd dual-core BRASS radiator. Every other Civic I've seen has had either a dual or single core metal/platic radiator.

But, I'll believe the rates Honda charges. $12.18 for a trailing arm bolt (one). $22 for an OEM "H" emblem for my hood. And $30 for a 'Civic' sticker to replace my missing one. It seems odd when an emblem costs more than a fuel filter.... <_<

I don't know the conversion from Canadian to US dollars, but Honda list a DelSol vtec radiator $531, HAP sells them for $398.

And $30 for a 'Civic' sticker to replace my missing one.

Dude, learn to shop around. You dealer is stabbing you in the ass, Honda sells those for $20, and they are $15 from HAP.

www.hondaautomotiveparts.com, and there's cheaper places around too.

Back