Del Sol rattles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Del sol is known to be a tin can, but my driver side door is horrible. Ever since I have had it, it has rattled pretty bad. When I close it, it defently does not sound like a normal door. Then when ever I go over a bump, it sounds like there is something that broke off and is rattling around in the door. Also, the door does not line up the best. When I first got my suspension, when I took left turns, the dome light would come on. Now it is so bad, that when I go down the road, it pretty much is always on, so I just turn it off completely. Does anyone know a good fix for any of the problems?

i cant imagine the door moving enough to actually let that switch all the way out so it would turn the light on...and if it did the door nust be totally not linged up.....hjmmm possibly some more detail on hw the door is but the only thing i could tell you until then is take the door apart and see whats rattling inside

I belive my car has been hit on that side, so my guess is that they did a shitty job of rehanging the door. I have tryed putting little spacers on the switch, but they always come off.

sounds like it. my door closes fine, and i have no dome light issues... only when im traversing sideways over something... hard to explain.... but when the right front is pulling down, and so is the left rear... the lateral flex. happened a few times.

take the door off, its only a couple screws and that wire harness, and see if you can't bend the hinge a little or something

i have the dome light issues.. i've had it off ever since i bought the car. maybe its michigan yO

Yea guess so. Its the shitty roads. Its like your going off roading constantly, and stiff suspension does not help.

Update. I fixed both issues. I take off the door skin, and was just looking for things it could be. while I was there and could see all them, I sprayed down all four window tracks with silicone grease. Ran the window up and down a few times, and other then the window rattling alot, I couldn't find out what it was.

For the light, I wondered if the metal door stoper could be adjusted. So I loosen the top screw, and take the bottom out all the way, and sure enough, there is a centimeter or 2 to move it. So I put the bottom screw back in, move it all to the left (more into the door), tighten the screws down, and sure enough, my door no longer looked like it was open a crack, and sat flush. For anyone with this problem on any honda, try this. I take it for a test drive, the light never turned on once. Success.

Now for the rattle. While testing out to see if the light would turn on, I pretty much tried to find the roughest streets in my town. So I just started grabbing parts and see if that would quiet it down. I held on to one of the window tracks, and the rattle disappered. I could move the track back and for a little, so when I got home, noticed that the bolt was loose. Grabed a 10mm, tighten it, done, no more rattle. I love when problems are fixed so easily.

my dome light comes on by itself when just sitting there :( i always have it off. i have strange rattles too.

Originally posted by B16@Mar 15 2004, 08:11 PM
my dome light comes on by itself when just sitting there :( i always have it off. i have strange rattles too.

try what I did.

In the past 3 months or so, my dome light pretty much has always been on. I would get in the car, put my keys in after I close the door, and the signle of door open with keys in the ignition would sound. It pissed me off. I would go over flat ground and it would flicker off.

In the next few days, I am going to take off my passenger door skin and grease everything up and tighten all the bolts. My window on that side is extremly slow sometimes. Then once it gets warm, I am going to recoat my seals with some dieletric grease. If you have never done that before, it makes the top SO much quieter.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 15 2004, 04:15 PM
My window on that side is extremly slow sometimes. Then once it gets warm, I am going to recoat my seals with some dieletric grease. If you have never done that before, it makes the top SO much quieter.

haha, my passenger window is mad slow too... wow, these cars are the same! :)
i'll have to do those things, thanks for the info.

My CRX had that problem, door wasn't positioned right on the hinges, moved it a little bit and works like new. :lol:

Back