del sol supra conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Tenzodelsol@Apr 20 2004, 01:56 AM
I hae done a lot of looking and I find that converting my sol headlights to supra style headlights will make the car a dead ringer for a scaled down toyota supra I need to know if I buy the headlights and reshape the hood will the headlights actually fit and how should I expect it to work

dude what r u thinkin that is the gayest crap in the worl it looks like crap supra headlights on a del sol is just the dumbest thing i have ever heard of. u should go with the eg conversion or somthing like that and if not that the look freaking awsome stock with out the llittle yellow blinker crap.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@May 3 2004, 11:38 AM
and the first time you get on a car like that or take it around an autocross or road track and get a little chassis twist going, all that bonda is going to crack and fall off

If I were gonna do a custom job like that, I wouldn't use any bondo at all. I would have the sheet metal custom fabbed. If I'm gonna do body mods, I'm gonna do it right.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 3 2004, 05:11 AM
f2_1.JPG

2e_1.JPG

Delso w/sk2 tails., somehow this tool would have you believe that a real appraisal company appraised a modded 95 Del Sol for over $12,000 BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Well, ya see, my uncle works at an insurance company as the janitor, and this guy that stopped in one time said his brother, that works for the apraiser taking notes and getting coffee said it was worth about that, so...."

that doesn't look half bad, but it also looks like it's stretched out from front to back...it just looks too long compared to del sol's I have seen...I unno. :shrug2:

Originally posted by v13tl2omeo408@May 12 2004, 03:06 PM
anybody seen a del sol with an EK front end?

That is gay. The only front end conversion allowed on a Sol is the EG f.e.c. Sorry, but it's a law. Federal RCW 1006992-00.3.1.44

Look it up.

Originally posted by Jeef@May 2 2004, 08:23 PM
Del Sol lights belong on a del sol. This is why I hate the import scene.

:werd:

that green del sol looks like it was a bad kid in a private school and got his ass smacked 17 times with a paddle.

Originally posted by slick*vic*@May 14 2004, 12:41 PM
DAMN I think the eg frontend looks tight as shit.........what all is needed to do that conversion? anyone

The fenders, headlights and corner lenses, hood, front bumper. I'm pretty sure it all bolts on, but you might need an eg radiator support.

By the time a guy does a motor swap, front end conversion, tail light conversion, and interior work, you could buy a used S2000.

A used S2000 would smoke a B16 swap.

Your time has got to be worth something. :blink:

my 2 cents. the supra lights just look way to big on a del sol. They take away from the lines of the car and look like the front end is weighted down a whole lot. The civic lights don't look bad, but not good at the same time. I've always wondered what flip up lights would look like on a honda (non-NSX).

i thought the supra rlights looked hot untill i saw the eg front with thew s2k tail that to me would b e the best looking sol ever also the s2k would look really sweet on a 92-95 hatch with the 96+ front

Originally posted by lumpbuzcut@May 22 2004, 09:20 AM
I've always wondered what flip up lights would look like on a honda (non-NSX).

Too young to remember the 80's? Accords and Prelude were nothing but flip headlights.

Originally posted by tab@May 14 2004, 01:55 PM
By the time a guy does a motor swap, front end conversion, tail light conversion, and interior work, you could buy a used S2000.

A used S2000 would smoke a B16 swap.

Your time has got to be worth something. :blink:

I highly doubt you could get an S2000 for under 15k, and I am sure the del sol could be built for way less. How much does the eg front end conversion cost, probable not more than 1000-1200 including the paint if it needs to be painted. A del sol vtec can be had for less than 8000. S2000 lights are nice, but are not completely necessary, maybe anoth er 1500 for the tail lights. That isn't more 12k for a decent sporty car.

True, I'd spend a few more for a used s2k, and get the 9000 rpm rev limit it comes with, and walk the del sol six ways from Sunday. :D :D

Originally posted by MikeBergy@May 22 2004, 12:40 PM
True, I'd spend a few more for a used s2k, and get the 9000 rpm rev limit it comes with, and walk the del sol six ways from Sunday. :D :D

i have yet to be beaten by an S2000 on the street or the road course

very not impressed by them

:shrug2:

Back