Del Sol Swap Help

b18c or GSR

• GSR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • b18c

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ethan Kanost

Hi, I have always loved Hondas but in high school I could never afford to do really anything cool with my first Del Sol. But now I'm in College and I have a decent job and I got my second Del Sol it is a 1997 Si SOHC, it is a fun little car but I want to get more out of it. I am really interested in doing either a B18c Integra Type-R motor swap or a USDM GSR Integra motor swap but I'm pretty new to the Honda game and i have no idea where to start, all I really know I need for a motor swap is the motor, tranny, clutch, wiring, motor mounts and maybe a new shift linkage but I don't really know any other steps to get to a finished swap, I know a shop out in Colorado that does good work who will help me with the actual swap part, but they really only do the swap nothing else with helping with parts so I thought I'd reach out.

-Thanks.

For research purposes, it will be almost exactly the same as doing a swap in a 92-95 Civic.
The only real difference you will run in to is the shift linkage you will need (assuming this is a manual). Del Sols require a Del Sol VTEC (the model with the B16) shift linkage to work with any B series swap.
You can get them from HMotorsOnline.
You can probably find them elsewhere, maybe for less money, but I know HMotorsOnline will have the right part in immaculate condition.

The swap itself is straight forward enough, as I said its 99% the same as a 5th gen Civic swap, and those have been done about a billion times.

Do some research
Figure out what you want to use the car for
Come up with a budget (or at least a range)
Ask us specific questions

Welcome to the site

Just for clarity- PHYSICALLY it will be the same as a 92-95 Civic swap. Electrically, follow 96-98 information. Your car should be OBD2, so all the wiring changes will follow an OBD2 Civic swap. Welcome to the Swap!

For research purposes, it will be almost exactly the same as doing a swap in a 92-95 Civic.
The only real difference you will run in to is the shift linkage you will need (assuming this is a manual). Del Sols require a Del Sol VTEC (the model with the B16) shift linkage to work with any B series swap.
You can get them from HMotorsOnline.
You can probably find them elsewhere, maybe for less money, but I know HMotorsOnline will have the right part in immaculate condition.

The swap itself is straight forward enough, as I said its 99% the same as a 5th gen Civic swap, and those have been done about a billion times.

Do some research
Figure out what you want to use the car for
Come up with a budget (or at least a range)
Ask us specific questions

Welcome to the site
Thank you for the information, greatly appreciated! that pretty much sums up my questions lol

Just for clarity- PHYSICALLY it will be the same as a 92-95 Civic swap. Electrically, follow 96-98 information. Your car should be OBD2, so all the wiring changes will follow an OBD2 Civic swap. Welcome to the Swap!
Thank you for that I wouldn't have even thought about that that helps a lot!

either swap will be close to the same, staying obd2 swap makes wiring pretty much plug and play ! Welcome To HS And Post Some Pics Of That Thang

Back