DHL shipping to Canada

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

starboy869

Hi,

I'm thinking about ordering some stuff from outpost.com. There only shipping option to Canada is with DHL.

I called both DHL and outpost regarding brokerage fees. Of course DHL wasn't helpful at all and outpost didn't know anything regarding a brokerage fee. I did a google search and found mixed results regarding DHL, but not a set fee.

Anyone here have any exp. with DHL to Canada?

FYI. The items will come up $30US + $19 for DHL shipping.

I just don't want to get pegged $50 like I did with UPS

I'd give them a call back and be more persistant to talk to someone who DOES know.

I don't know about Canada, but we ship a lot of documents into Mexico and DHL is VERY reliable, definitly moreso than UPS.

i ship with DHL all the time... more reliable than ups imo.

as for canada fees-- thats your country border crap... any shipper will have the same fees

I know with USPS the fee is $5 and UPS is $50 (yeah I got burned)

I'm just trying to figure out DHL price.

OK I just talked to someone that hopefully knew. $5 to $10 for extra fee's +customs.

OK. First person I talked to her english was pretty good, and seemed proficient in what was doing couldn't give a est. of the fee. (didnt know and/or too lazy to find out)

Second person her english wasn't the greatest. I was like.. oh god!! wasted call. She ended up giving me a $5 to $10 est. Not too shabby.

I'm debating about calling back a third time just incase. I just don't want to get burned like I did with UPS.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Sep 8 2005, 01:27 PM-->
i ship with DHL all the time... more reliable than ups imo.

as for canada fees-- thats your country border crap... any shipper will have the same fees
[post=551533]Quoted post[/post]​

starboy869
@Sep 8 2005, 02:06 PM
I know with USPS the fee is $5 and UPS is $50 (yeah I got burned)

I'm just trying to figure out DHL price.

OK I just talked to someone that hopefully knew. $5 to $10 for extra fee's +customs.

OK. First person I talked to her english was pretty good, and seemed proficient in what was doing couldn't give a est. of the fee. (didnt know and/or too lazy to find out)

Second person her english wasn't the greatest. I was like.. oh god!! wasted call. She ended up giving me a $5 to $10 est. Not too shabby.

I'm debating about calling back a third time just incase. I just don't want to get burned like I did with UPS.
[post=551556]Quoted post[/post]​

its not the border it is the brokrage fee charged ( the fee ups charges for filling out 1 sheet of paper)
and nobody can be as bad as ups

Back