Distributor woes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94hatchb20

So I bought a eg hatch with a b20b. I did not know the guy or really anything about the car(first mistake I know) it is a 5 speed swap, and ran wonderfully. One day while driving it shut off and would not start back up. I pushed it into a parking lot and noticed oil dripping from my dizzy cap. I sprayed it out with carb cleaner and let it dry out then my car started just fine, but shut off again after A few minutes and would not start up. I replaced the internals of the dizzy cuz I could not find a obd1 that would fit onto it right. I got the car to start, but now it idles at 3k until it warms up then drops down to 2700ish.

My car had no known issues before all this dizzy crap. I've check for vacuum leaks, fitv, iacv and other normal Honda idle issues. I don't know where else to look or what to do. The drive key that fits into the cam also broke a tooth off. I'm just scratching my head like wtf right now.

Is oil leaking into the dist from the seal? if so, you might just need to replace the o-ring around the gear. when you put it back on, did you adjust the bolt-on angle? you can effective alter your timing with the distributor and you may need to roll it back to center.

Is oil leaking into the dist from the seal? if so, you might just need to replace the o-ring around the gear. when you put it back on, did you adjust the bolt-on angle? you can effective alter your timing with the distributor and you may need to roll it back to center.
This is what I thought when I read about oil coming out of the dizzy

Back