DIY: Install a 3.5 RL engine in your 91-95 Acura Legend

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mike diaz- legend himself

I see you are using the rl throttle body. What about the secondary piece on the type 2 air intake plastic hose between the tb and the air filter? Can you just not use that part and have no problems with the codes? I see you dont have that on your engine pic-

thanks again mike

3.5 legend coupe swap

I just got the 3.2 type ii out- one thing I wanted add to this info-that was to unbolt the rack-n-pinion and let is hang down on the hoses and work around it. I also unbolted the p/s lines so i did not have take off the pump. Once you take off the y- pipe and the 2 upper pipes that bolt to the exhaust manifolds, you will be able to better access the bolts to the engine/trans and the torq conv cover. I took off the complete front mount system. There is a 3 piece mount in front of the crank pulley. I also removed the bolted bracket the is right in front of the pulley. This allowed the engine to be moved strait forward instead of up and forward which might and did bind the engine and trans assemble. The lower pass side for the engine/trans assembly houses the little output shaft. I had to pry is a little to get it to pop loose. I am going to unbolt the 2 trans mount to allow the trans to tip up a little(with a jack) when reinstalling the 3.5. I will keep u posted-so far so good-thanks again to ********the real legend -mike diaz

I see you are using the rl throttle body. What about the secondary piece on the type 2 air intake plastic hose between the tb and the air filter? Can you just not use that part and have no problems with the codes? I see you dont have that on your engine pic-

thanks again mike

You can eliminate the TCS if you want or keep it on the RL engine. Email is a bit easier to get a hold of me, datdaz84@gmail.com

Just follow the instructions. My DIY has been updated at acuralegend.org if you want to check it out there.

Back