Do I need to swap the Canister?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tein

So much with a little D
My civic has a canister with a SWITCH ON THE TOP OF THE CANISTER.... I swap the tranny from auto to 5 speed so I swap the engine harness for a 5 speed harness and a P28 Hondata.... The 5 speed harness and the P28 do not used a canister with a switch.... CAN I JUST KEEP THE CANISTER WITHOUT CONNECTING THE SWITCH OR DO I NEED TO SWAP ALSO THE CANISTER AND VALVE FOR ONE WITH OUT A SWITCH?

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
not sure what "canister" you are talking about, but try it without.. If it tosses a CEL, then you have your answer.

Tein

So much with a little D
that canister is the one that had a fuel line attach to it and its under the fuel filter,,, do any one run with this problem after an ecu or engine harness swap?

Tein

So much with a little D
do anyone swap the canister before....

Tein

So much with a little D
Sorry that I Bump this thread again but I still need a solution on the canister....

Do anyone has gone thru this problem after doing a ECU (specific a P28) on a 96 ex?
I swap the tranny from auto to 5 speed so I change the engine harness for a 5 speed harness and I swap the ecu for a P28, Now I have the problem with the canister.... My stock canister has a plug and the new harness that came from a 98 ex don't have anything to plug the canister... I also check if the P28 runs the canister but its not compatible...
What I am supposed to do with the canister?
Please I need some answer ASAP... This issue is holding my project....
Thanks

hmooooob

ey i have a EJ swap with d16y8 and i was wandering the same thing about the canister
cause the d16y8 have a different canister

hmooooob

ey i have a EJ swap with d16y8 and i was wandering the same thing about the canister
cause the d16y8 have a different canister

sloefdud

you can take that canister and throw it as far as you can. dont need it. all it is is a vacuum canister for the fuel tank. it pulls the vapor out of the tank and into the canister. take a hose and run it to the bottom of your car and be done.

Tein

So much with a little D
Sound very easy but I still want to do it the right way... I will start looking for a canister swap, I have seeing some civics that don't have the SWITCH on top of the canister... I will used one of those and see what happend...