Do I need to swap the Canister?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tein

So much with a little D
My civic has a canister with a SWITCH ON THE TOP OF THE CANISTER.... I swap the tranny from auto to 5 speed so I swap the engine harness for a 5 speed harness and a P28 Hondata.... The 5 speed harness and the P28 do not used a canister with a switch.... CAN I JUST KEEP THE CANISTER WITHOUT CONNECTING THE SWITCH OR DO I NEED TO SWAP ALSO THE CANISTER AND VALVE FOR ONE WITH OUT A SWITCH?

not sure what "canister" you are talking about, but try it without.. If it tosses a CEL, then you have your answer.

that canister is the one that had a fuel line attach to it and its under the fuel filter,,, do any one run with this problem after an ecu or engine harness swap?

do anyone swap the canister before....

Sorry that I Bump this thread again but I still need a solution on the canister....

Do anyone has gone thru this problem after doing a ECU (specific a P28) on a 96 ex?
I swap the tranny from auto to 5 speed so I change the engine harness for a 5 speed harness and I swap the ecu for a P28, Now I have the problem with the canister.... My stock canister has a plug and the new harness that came from a 98 ex don't have anything to plug the canister... I also check if the P28 runs the canister but its not compatible...
What I am supposed to do with the canister?
Please I need some answer ASAP... This issue is holding my project....
Thanks

ey i have a EJ swap with d16y8 and i was wandering the same thing about the canister
cause the d16y8 have a different canister

ey i have a EJ swap with d16y8 and i was wandering the same thing about the canister
cause the d16y8 have a different canister

you can take that canister and throw it as far as you can. dont need it. all it is is a vacuum canister for the fuel tank. it pulls the vapor out of the tank and into the canister. take a hose and run it to the bottom of your car and be done.

Sound very easy but I still want to do it the right way... I will start looking for a canister swap, I have seeing some civics that don't have the SWITCH on top of the canister... I will used one of those and see what happend...

Back