dowel pins

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typesiracing

i'm in the process of putting a motor together and i forgot to get the dowel pins for the head/block.....if need them i'll wait for them but i would hate to stop and wait if they aren't really necessary.

oh yeah i have arp studs to line everything up so thats no prob...

thanks

:werd:

If you just use the head studs/bolts to line it up, you could be half a millimeter off (or less) and not know it- then when you start it up and try to rev, it's all over.

sorry to interupt but i dont want to make another forum for this question , well i got a b16 haed and a ls block im getting the golden eagle ls-vtec conversion kit not system and it comes with dowel pins but what are the srp studs or what ever do i need new ones or whhat else do i need to put the block and head together and gasket comes also?

Originally posted by BseriesKllR@Mar 25 2004, 02:57 PM
Oops :eek:  maybe i got lucky :blink:

lmao...okay i guess its important enough to wait....will f-series or d series work or i'm gonna have to wait till next week <_<

thanks for the replies

Originally posted by brasilianstreet@Mar 25 2004, 04:38 PM
sorry to interupt but i dont want to make another forum for this question , well i got a b16 haed and a ls block im getting the golden eagle ls-vtec conversion kit not system and it comes with dowel pins but what are the srp studs or what ever do i need new ones or whhat else do i need to put the block and head together and gasket comes also?

that kit will get the block and head together and run all of your oil lines. Good kit, have on myself(with the exception of the plastic collars on the oil feed line). If you bought the whole kit then you are good to go.

matt

oh yeah...I highly recommend head studs ARP,AEBS(look into AEBS...much larger diameter than ARP)

matt

DOWEL PINS ARE 100% NECESSARY!!! Haha learn from my mistake, one weekend me and my friends were put a type R head on my b16 and we finshed her all off, torqued her to spec and started her up, not too long after she started blowing white smoke (head gasket) and wondering how the hell we could have mesed up (since we have sucessfully torqued heads many times before) we looked up on the counter and what did we see? DOWEL PINS that we left out

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Mar 28 2004, 04:09 PM
DOWEL PINS ARE 100% NECESSARY!!! Haha learn from my mistake, one weekend me and my friends were put a type R head on my b16 and we finshed her all off, torqued her to spec and started her up, not too long after she started blowing white smoke (head gasket) and wondering how the hell we could have mesed up (since we have sucessfully torqued heads many times before) we looked up on the counter and what did we see? DOWEL PINS that we left out

Maybe thats why i blow white smoke......but my compression was good on all cyl. guess i need to do a leakdown.....car has seen rev limiter plenty of times :shrug2:

Back