DPFI to MPFI (another route)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ethan

VIP
Heres what i wanna do.

I want to make my car plug and play with a MPFI harness.

I have been looking around and got a ecu pinout sheet for the si pm6 ecu and the dpfi pm9 ecu.

PM6
88-91 OBD0 Pinout i made - ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum

PM9
http://psytronix.org/engine/pinout.html

I know im still going to have to add 2 wires from the ecu to the shock tower.

The plan is to depin and repin my body plugs and add the 2 wires into the body harness and shock tower plug so i can plug in and run a obd0 ls ecu or a pm6 si ecu without any modification and have it work.

I have the body harness im using out so its nice and easy to inspect/ work on.

now i basically want to turn it into a si body harness.

has anyone here ever done this? does anyone have any input besides telling me to find or buy a si harness.. or the ZOMG DONT DO IT!

Id really appreciate any help and info. i would love to make a nice writeup on this with good photos.

P.S; I just woke up and havent had any coffee so im like off right now.. ill check back later and see what you guys have to offer on the idea.

Last edited:
you would be much better off by swapping a MPFI chassis harness, from the ECU to the engine bay, that matched your MPFI engine harness into the car to replace the DPFI chassis harness - for instance, if you have a Si MPFI engine harness, you would need a Si chassis harness or if you have a HF engine harness, you would need a HF chassis harness - the Si and HF harnesses are not interchangeable - the main reason for swappping out the chassis harness is that on the passenger side, the MPFI harnesses have three (3) connectors (one 8-wire, one 6-wire and one 14-wire) where the DPFI harnesses have only two (2) connectors (one 8-wire and one 14-wire) - in order to use the MPFI engine harness, you would need to add the 6-wire connector to the DPFI chassis harness - some wires on the DPFI driver's side connector are on the passenger side on the MPFI harness - some wires that are in one connector on the DPFI passenger side are in the 6-wire connector on the MPFI harness that doesn't exist in the DPFI harness - 2 of the wires that need to be added to the DPFI harness for MPFI (which are for the cylinder sensor) are in the 14-wire MPFI connector on the passenger side - the 2 wires that they replace in the DPFI 14-wire connector are in the 6-wire connector on the MPFI harness - you would need to get wiring diagrams for both harnesses in order to figure out which wires go where, if you wanted to make it plug and play - once you added the 6-wire connector, added wires, moved wires, etc. you would have essesntially a MPFI chassis harness - much easier to just get the MPFI chassis harness

these are the passenger side connectors on the DPFI harness:

dxpassconn-3.jpg

these are the passenger side connectors on the MPFI harness:

SIpassplugs-3.jpg

Thanks for the info.. after reading all that which i didnt know and didnt think of you changed my mind.

Back