dumb question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicsir

alright this is a dumbass question, but what is the thread direction on a sir II b16a? i am haveing a problem whith getting it off. (chang timing belt) i am trying a penetrating fluid but want not to screw it up. just need an answer. cant find in hanyes and chiltion. that or im lazy. probably just the second.

First their is no dumb question. Second what bolt are you removing that has to do with the timing belt change that you are unsure of the thread direction? Third all the bolts on the engine are clockwise tight and counter clockwise loosen. The ring gear on the differential is the only part that I know of that is opposite of that but that is in the transmission.

Originally posted by n1mr0d@Jun 24 2005, 11:04 PM
First their is no dumb question. Second what bolt are you removing that has to do with the timing belt change that you are unsure of the thread direction? Third all the bolts on the engine are clockwise tight and counter clockwise loosen. The ring gear on the differential is the only part that I know of that is opposite of that but that is in the transmission.
[post=516290]Quoted post[/post]​

the crank bolt. but thank you, you answered my question. the one holding the main pulley/harmonic balancer on.

yeah, same as others, spin it counter clockwise... but that thing is a bitch. try to get a hold of a pretty strong impact gun to knock it off with. otherwise, find somewhat to stop the crank from spinning, but a socket on that thing with the biggest wrachet you can get and kick the fucker. it's tough man.

Originally posted by abdelsol@Jun 25 2005, 06:35 AM
this is a gay saying but.... righy tighty, lefty lucy.....
[post=516334]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL lucy...as in the sky with diamonds...hahaha...its loosey!

Wedge a large regular screwdriver between the bellhousing of the transmission and flywheel, and then put a breaker bar on that bitch and get it off :thumbsup:

ya we tried that but we couldnt get a good spot on the flywheel and it would just pull out of his hand.(as i cranked on the bolt)

another thing, what direction does the motor rotate? clockwise or counter?

Originally posted by 93civicsir@Jun 25 2005, 01:39 PM
ya we tried that but we couldnt get a good spot on the flywheel and it would just pull out of his hand.(as i cranked on the bolt)

another thing, what direction does the motor rotate? clockwise or counter?
[post=516418]Quoted post[/post]​

Ya have to fight with the scrwedriver to make it work well but once ya it works great....if i remember correctly try putting the screwdriver more one the lowest part of the flywheel. That seemed to work the best for yesturday. To get it off you want to rotate the bolt counter clockwise :thumbsup:

the motor rotates counter-clockwise i believe.

Back