Dyno run gone bad !!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drenni

Now to make the long story short, I finally took the fucking car to the dyno. The result was like fucking stupid, on the first run the gave out 106.3 HP, ok lets start the setting, we moved everything from the cam gear to the gas regulator and the distributor the usual stuff and the car would simply not change horsepower it was like stuck on that HP (106whp) <_< , that's fucking wierd. We did everything and nothing, I ran the car on the highway and it felt awesome, :wtf: is going on. I'm running the car on some head work, AEM can gear, MSD (6A) magnecor cables, AEM cold intake, DC header and the usaul exhaust etc, etc etc... sorry the engine is a ZC SOHC no vtec... Has anyone had the same issue please assist me in this problem...

Thanks

DA. Crespo
San Juan, PR

What is "some headwork"? So basically, you have I/H/E, I would think you'd be a little higher, but maybe not. Did you try dynoing it after every adjustment, or did you make several and then run it again?

How was the A/F ratio? 106 whp sounda about right for a SOHC non VTEC motor...pretty damn good for that motor IMO.

shitty axles, slipping clutch, worn tie rods, do you have aftermarket rims that might be heavier than the stock ones? You could be losing hp through any of those.

yeah there are a million factors homie- but when you consider stock hp for that motor is 108 and that is at the flyhweel- you're making 106.3hp at the wheels right? so figure 15% drivetrain loss as an average amount- that means you're making about 125hp at the flywheel which ain't so bad for i/h/e- that's a 17hp gain from bolt ons alone

That is pretty good, I never really learned about the ZC motors so I couldn't assume whether it was bad or not, I'd say that sounds about right.

I don't know about the power in that engine, but you did reset your ecu so it could adjust to all the changes right?

I know it sounds about right, how do you reset the ECU :unsure: , I've never heard of that but hey I guess you learn something new every day. The question still stands, why whould'nt the car go past 106 whp even when we changed everything on the car so it would produce less HP making sure that something was'nt wrong and still the car would throw 106, I mean we changed the degrees on the cam shaft the pressure on the gas etc, so that the car would react to the change and the result was the same 106 don't you guys think that's kind of fucking wierd I mean it's has to change for better or worse but it just did'nt change... I'm running the car on a PG7 just incase someone wanted to know. How would I reset the ECU and does the ECU have anything to do with it and i guess it does.. I have stock SI rims. Has anyone ever had this problem at all...

thanks, guys
DA. Crespo
San Juan, PR

you reset the ecu by unplugging the battery and discharging any stored electrical energy by turnining on the headlights without the battery connected. And how many dyno passes did you make and got 106?

I'd say about 10 to 15 with the same result, on the dyno chart it was like so wierd the dam chart would change but not even enough for you to notice.

Back