Dyno Tests On Iridium Plugs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yea a friend of mine had an auto del sol si, for the life of me i could not get it over 100mph, no matter the stretch, intake... fpr, nothing, slapped in some fucking denso iridium plugs, BAM i shut the thing down at 121mph, i was sold! and a friend of mine with an LS says that they are the only plugs he has ever felt a gain with, im impressed with them, now if i can get them for cheaper than 18.50 a plug, they'd be in my car lol

maybe after i get the brembos... new exhaust & piping (plus paying off dude to do it illegally)... hondata s200 and my bills paid, maybe THEN i will get them, i just bought some ngk platinums for 10 bucks a pop :\

Not one of their test cars was NA. So all that the test says is these plugs are good for boosted cars.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Mar 1 2003, 05:02 PM
Not one of their test cars was NA. So all that the test says is these plugs are good for boosted cars.

Yea,I was going to get some,but was talked out of spending the extra money for nothing.(what is it about import people,they are always looking out)

i dont care what anybody says... i saw the results with my 2 very own eyes... we couldnt get that fucker over 100 if our life depended on it, dropped in the plugs and she would scream past 100 with no hesitation... im sold on em ::shrug2::

Again a boosted car. Does anyone have a before and after dyno from an NA car?

lol there is 1 dyno in my area... i know the difference between not being able to go over 100, changing the plugs and flying past 100... i was the one that changed them lol... it worked, plain and simple.

I am sure there is an improvement when you use these plugs in an NA car, but I don't think that the improvement is worth spending $40 on a set of plugs instead of $6 (for me anyway). I am not trying to say that these plugs don't work, I am trying to decide if I think they are a worthwhile investment for my car.

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Mar 2 2003, 03:51 AM
lol there is 1 dyno in my area... i know the difference between not being able to go over 100, changing the plugs and flying past 100... i was the one that changed them lol... it worked, plain and simple.

It might have just been your old plugs were worn away.

Back