DYNO tuning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khai_tuan_nguyen

Hi there my friend has an all motor seup. B20b with b16 head. Basically stock except 12:1 pistons, header, CAI exhaust with stock cat. He also has type r CTR spec head internnals, springs, camgears etc. He is going to dynotune with hondata. Once he dynotunes he is done with the motor. Do you think he should get type r header, either type intake or aebs intake manifold and larger throttle body. In other words will these parts make that big of a difference in power.

Khai

what header is on there now? what TB is he using? i'd say the type R manifolds and throttle body would be a nice addition to that motor.

I made 185/140whp with a VAFC tuning on 12.6:1 compression, B20 bottom end and B16 head. I used the DC 4-1 header and a Greddy Evo exhaust. The intake manifold was stock. Your friend will probably gain a decent bit from an IM swap and the bigger ITR header.

i still don't understand.

E pulled off 188/132 on his bone stock ITR with 11:1, same VAFC tuning, oem jdm itr header, high flow cat, tanabe exhaust... i don't get it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 9 2004, 07:57 AM
i still don't understand.

E pulled off 188/132 on his bone stock ITR with 11:1, same VAFC tuning, oem jdm itr header, high flow cat, tanabe exhaust... i don't get it.

That sounds about right though 200ps so about 197hp, about 175ish after loss, then back up about 10hp for mods.

granted- but how is mike with 1.6 more compression, .2 more litres, making LESS power.

What cams was he using? IM and I guess throttle body were B16A, so that could've been choking it. He did make more torque :)

mike probably made that power lower in the powerband.. E's probably peaked at like 8200 or so...

i made 184/138.5 on my lsvtec .. pr3 pistons and ctr cams.. and all the air flow goodies..

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 9 2004, 03:08 AM
granted- but how is mike with 1.6 more compression, .2 more litres, making LESS power.

CRVTEC and the ITR are almost totally opposites....Eric probably made more power at higer rpms than Mike

Edit : Didn't see Adams post :huh:

Back