ECU for ZC??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

madlinux

I just had a second gen ZC installed into my civic, I heard from a friend that I should get a ecu for it, something like P06 because mine is a P05 and that is meant for the old lawnmower engine that was in it before not the new one.

I wonder if it really matters though? I tried looking through the forums with search but nothing came up.

chip your P05 and use the JDM P29 tune from PGMFI. It is what honda of Japan intended to run your motor.

It is a SOHC non-vtec engine, it has ZC stamped on the block.

radnulb said "chip your P05 and use the JDM P29 tune from PGMFI. It is what honda of Japan intended to run your motor. "

I will check out that for sure, I want what is best for my car.

Isn't the P29 the DOHC ZC program? Since you're running the SOHC ZC non-VTEC, you might want to find a PM6 ECU and run that. The SOHC ZC and the D16A6 are identical except for the cam and the carburetion option.

I missed that - good call Calesta.

If you car is OBD0 use PR5 / PM6.
If your car is OBD1 use P06 with a little more fuel.

Originally posted by radnulb@Mar 24 2004, 06:10 PM
If your car is OBD1 use P06 with a little more fuel.

When you say more fuel are you implying higher octne?
My car is OBD-1 so I will be looking for the P06, from what I have read it seems that chipping the ecu is more for built up motors, would it be redundant to chip the P06 if all I have extra in the engine is header, exhaust, and throttle body?

A p06 will run the car just fine. A chip for the P06 with about 5% more fuel will probably run it better due to the increased displacement.

As long as you don't mix and match P+H and saturaed injectors you're fine. P+H with resistor will run on both OBD1 + OBD0. Saturated without resistor box will run on both OBD0 and OBD1.

Back