ef b-series alternator removal.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

red91efhatch

I knew this day would come, any tip/hints you can offer to make the alternator removal easier? I have
Unbolted alt
Removed dr side motor mount
used cherry picker to lift/lower engine
no dice

Should I be looking to remove on the up side or down side? I was also thinking it may fit below if the oil filter was removed?.. :helpsmilie:

i took mine out through the driver side but it might depend for you if you have wires running through there that you can push to the side. I had to loosen the fuel rail and with a lil tugging and twister and finding the right way it came out. It like a puzzle piece. It can only come out one way and go in one way.

Pull the motor...... what I did was unbolt all the mounts and dropped the motor then took off the drivers tire and pulled it out through there.

Best bet would probably be to go from underneath.. Might have to remove all the mounts and drop the motor down a few inches to clear.

Thanks for the replies, I ended up unbolting both front mounts and using a cherry picker to lift the engine from the driver side up and the alternator came right out.

dude all u had to do was pull the axle it would have come out from the bottom trust me i did like 4 alternators in my teg b4 i found out what the problem was

oh wait my bad never had b18 in a civic so i dont know....

Unbolt the brake master from the booster and push it down and you will have enough clearence... no need to remove the engine, even if your brake lines to your master are rotted and your afrade to move them, replace them too while your at it, lol.

Back