EF hatch anybody turbo'ed a b16?? help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you can get a 255lph walboro from lightningmotorsports for less than $93 shipped. I got mine for $93 because I wanted it overnighted. It is a very good safeguard from fuel starvation. If you are gonna turbo, I would definitely get the injectors right away.

So I have to get injectors?

I did'nt think it was neccessary with only 7-8lbs of boost..

i wouldnt run larger injectors if you are going to run an fmu, which suck

id say go the uberdata route, you can chip your ecu for less than the price of an FMU and find a good basemap, or use someone else's bin that has a similar setup to you. check pgmfi, and homemadeturbo, and all those good places for these bins that people already made, and if you can find one near the specs of your kit that would be much safter until tuning than a gay FMU. also once you get the time or dough to get tuned, it will be much easier to upgrade, than starting fresh from the fmu.

just my 2 cents, and goodluck with the build...

oh and i didnt look to see what OBD you are, so if your still OBD-0 like me, then check out turbo-edit, good stuff, and free like uberdata

I got a pr3 obd-0. Can I use my pr3?

Do I defintely need a ps9 for turboedit?

I've thought about turbo edit I even read a thread about someone in Pa street tuning you a map with thier wideband.

What are some other sized turbo's that would be good for my application?

I'm having a hard time finding a decent priced t3 60 trim.

What kinda A/R should I look for?

I'm trying to do a mini-me swap myself with a d16y7 dx bottom end and bought a sohc vtec motor(d16a1) then got the head and put it on the dx block but i find out the vtec solenoid is only one wire? and i look up the engine code and it comes from an integra and its DOHC NON-VTEC. anyone know what the hell kinda motor i bought? its palinly obvious a single came and obvious it has vtec... but yet the tranny says d16a1? someoen told me it was some rare jdm motor? anyone know?

Originally posted by efjiongco@Jun 17 2005, 02:53 AM
I'm trying to do a mini-me swap myself with a d16y7 dx bottom end and bought a sohc vtec motor(d16a1) then got the head and put it on the dx block but i find out the vtec solenoid is only one wire? and i look up the engine code and it comes from an integra and its DOHC NON-VTEC. anyone know what the hell kinda motor i bought? its palinly obvious a single came and obvious it has vtec... but yet the tranny says d16a1? someoen told me it was some rare jdm motor? anyone know?
[post=513294]Quoted post[/post]​

Make your own damn thread. :angry:

LOL, I've found a guy who will get me the pm6 and burn me a basemap with turbo edit for 125.

I have everything in check I just gotta get me a damn turbo. What are some smaller sizes I can use?

I'm about to just use my 14b if I don't find something soon thier are some other guys with t25 b16's on the forum and they like it.

those are still pretty small, but i guess if thats all you got....

My suggestion would be if price is the ultimate deciding factor, and thats all you have.... sell that turbo, pick up a small t3 (like the one i have in my link in my sig, page 3) and use that with your setup until you can upgrade, that way you already have the t3 flange on the manifold and all you will have to do is upgrade the turbo and retune. Just my opinion because i was thinking of doing just that with my little dinky t3 until i can scrape up enough for a nice size t3/t4

Originally posted by Samuels@Jun 18 2005, 09:15 AM
LOL, I've found a guy who will get me the pm6 and burn me a basemap with turbo edit for 125.

I have everything in check I just gotta get me a damn turbo. What are some smaller sizes I can use?

I'm about to just use my 14b if I don't find something soon thier are some other guys with t25 b16's on the forum and they like it.
[post=513699]Quoted post[/post]​

I was under teh impression that you could only use a PS9 for a B16.... :blink:

You can use a pm6 and its actually better from what i've read. Xenocron was gonna hook me up.

I've officialy scrapped my turbo plans till next year. I'm running a 50 shot wet now.

Back