EG Civic J-Series V6 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95EG9

I am a new member to the honda swap forums. I'm currently in the process of swapping a J-Series V6 into my 95 Civic Sedan. I talked to Hasport and they make the mounts and the swap axles. Just wondering if anyone else has attempted to do the swap and if so where can I find a transmission. I can't seem to find a 6 Speed manual trans. other than buying one brand new. Any other help would be appreciated.

bump

Honda Tuning did a nice tech article on it. Aprils 09

how are you gonna put this motor in the car if you,tony and bryan dont get off the fuckin couch and quit jackin off to xbox? seriously though, when u plannin the swap? i wanna help.

You can visit my ebay store HILLTOP SALVAGE, we specialize in honda and acura auto parts we have quick ups shipping. You may call our toll free number at 1-800-660-9622 thank you

First, you need a 2003 Accord 6 speed trans.
Dont go for the TL Type S.
The reasion i say that is because the Type S trans will throw up more codes then the Accord, and the gears are the same as the Accord, its just not worth the money.
044.jpg

The part that is shiny is where you have to grind and drill to make the trans mount to fit.
The Accord has this pedrilled, so its easy to put in.

My friend just put a V6 in my Ek, and he's going to do a Eg soon.
048.jpg

hows the cornering in this??? .. and did u have to beef up the suspension??? and wiring howed that work out???

hows the cornering in this??? .. and did u have to beef up the suspension??? and wiring howed that work out???
Im running full skunk2 suspension because of the the extra 100 lbs, so far the its not that bad........i really havent pushed her to the limit yet because we are still working on the wireing harness.
The wireing is the biggest pain in the ass you will ever has to do, i say find some else to do if you never did a wire conversion befor. And because my ride is a OBD2 and yours is a OBD1, its a lot diff. Mine is a lot harder to do because of the emissions,......then theres the RPM tack, because your car was a 4 and then a 6 it will be throw off a well.
So to sum it up, to do the swap is easy as hell...........the wireing is to far out there for me........and then there is the hood, i know what i am useing, but i know that i am going to get flamed hard because it looks like a ricer, but what you got do, this thing is a neck snaper.

thats sick dude keep us posted on how everything turns out..... track times and such....

the second one is done and going to the track today ...let you know what happens
index.cfm
and to answer the question about the tranny ...there some good and bad between the MC5 and C6

accord non LSD

The TL trans is LSD and might be worth the extra money accord non LSD

First, you need a 2003 Accord 6 speed trans.
Dont go for the TL Type S.
The reasion i say that is because the Type S trans will throw up more codes then the Accord, and the gears are the same as the Accord, its just not worth the money.
044.jpg

The part that is shiny is where you have to grind and drill to make the trans mount to fit.
The Accord has this pedrilled, so its easy to put in.

My friend just put a V6 in my Ek, and he's going to do a Eg soon.
048.jpg

you need to use the rsx (or rsx type-s)6-speed shift box + cables.by the way i'm about to swap a j30a5 into my 1994 civic cx,bought the hasport mounts and hasport axles,walbro fuel pump,tein suspension..more to come

What ECU is needed to do this swap? Im looking to do this in my 93 EG hatch...
And what year model Accord should I pull the V6 from???
Also is there anything you have to sacrifice in order for this engine to fit? a/c or power steering perhaps?

If you have a chance to pick up a 03 CL-S (6 speed) or even a 03 TL-S (6 speed)
It would help clear up a lot of your prob's.
But with my set up, i used a 00 Honda Odyssey ECU.

Last edited:
j series 6 spd tranny

hey there is a place here in my stae tht specializes in nuthing but hondas its called beavers honda salvage u can get a tranny for around 500 to 700 depends on the millage and what modle car it comes out out if i was you i would run the tl motor and tranny thts what i have in my crx but its not as fast as i thought it would be done sold it i have a itr clone now build a 06 tl 3.4 motor she gonna be nasty man just message me man if u have any nore questions

Back