Eg Reborn In My Paint Both(chet)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

colorpros

Painted my boys car this weekend.A quiky but turned out decent.Chet, this guy hangs out at gandy bridge street races.He lives in Plant City.He came up to NC to visit so we shot his car over the weekend.Same color as yours I believe.(chet).First pic is w/sealer.Next pic is finished product w/out buffing.My pics turn out huge so if someone could resize them i would be greatfull.
s3e5c41c8f1254.jpg

s3e5c42d4c0513.jpg

looks excellent, how much do you charge for a paint job of this caliber, plus dent removal?

i have friends in north carolina, i could come up and hang out while my car were painted...

That is a very good paint job. Do you paint it yourself? Very impressed. I cant see any flaws

Chet, has your fender been replaced because it looks in your avatar that the door and fender dont match perfectly.

yes, my fender doesn't match perfectly, and its driving me crazy.

i definitely need to spend some money on paint and to have some small dents removed.

My user name is also the name of my body shop.I pride myself in great work.Thanks for the compliments.We do all the big dawg cars around here.Pro drag cars to imports ,bikes,kits,rims you name it if it sits still long enough we will paint it.Chet about $1250.00.BE glad to have you up.I sent you a pm.

That is a fantastic price for such high quality work. I wish I was near Florida.

Hell yea that's good,we have to send cars Poland to get a good paint job for that price.Here the average is $3000.

We do alot of 3000 and up jobs to.But those guys are most of the time rich.I try to help out the middle budget kind of guy.Plus my rep has blown up pretty good from it.But even at thes prices people around here sometimes say Im too much.

Wait to you guys see my hatch when where done.Its going to be clean. ;)

Wow. Very nice. Hopefully I can find someone that will do a repaint like that for that price here in Dallas...

Just watch out for the shaddy ones.I know you will,But you can get scammed hella qiuck.it could look that car for the first month and then fadded out chalk afterwards.(MAICO!!!!!!!!!!)

i just painted my ride, flat black. your paint job looks great.. i just cant see myself droppin a 1000+ on paint right now, id rather drop it in my motor. And i sure as hell dont want a macco paint job. and since we are showing off paint jobs.. ill show mine, not as good, but a hell of a lot cheaper :lol: sorry for the huge pics.. im lazy :ph34r: and i still need to wetsand the bitch down this weekend

s3e593bef730b3.jpg

s3e593d35638b5.jpg

colorpros- I've already been burned once in Dallas, and that was through a good reference too. :(

paragus- Not bad, I might just do that for the CRX. What are you painting it with, exactly?

Did any of you guys check out the SCC issue with the "Project Silvia" which they painted with krylon flat black, it turned out lookin pretty nice.

ColorPros - Man here in California it is way expensive, man i wish you were out here... The cheapest price i have been quoted to repaint my 89 civic is 3200... :( So I think my pops and I are going to paint the car our selves.

I use Dupont,sometimes PPG.Im feeling that flat black.We are fixing to do one.But we are going to use black base coat w/ a self flattening clear.That way you still get uv protection.But made props on the rattle can job at least you took the time to sand and prep the car.I see you used that 3m hard edge tape for lifting the molding edge.Sweet. :worthy: I love that stuff.I use 3m compounds and glazes for those who asked.

Werd, that Krylon Flat Black Silvia was prety nice, I was thinkin about doin that for my hatch, it's faded now, so for a 50 dollar paint job, it'd be a damn good improvement.
Colorpros, where in Fl is your shop at?

Originally posted by colorpros@Feb 26 2003, 07:24 AM
I use Dupont,sometimes PPG.Im feeling that flat black.We are fixing to do one.But we are going to use black base coat w/ a self flattening clear.That way you still get uv protection.But made props on the rattle can job at least you took the time to sand and prep the car.I see you used that 3m hard edge tape for lifting the molding edge.Sweet. :worthy: I love that stuff.I use 3m compounds and glazes for those who asked.

werd mang... thanx, i was looking into doing that way too, but i live in a apartment complex and i cant use a spray gun the compressor would be way to loud. Im not even allowed to work on my car in the garage (not that it doesnt stop me) but doing that paint job was risky enough it smelled like straight up paint in the garage for a few days. and i love that 3m tape, its just sick. And as far as what i used to answer your question chet. I used Camoflauge Krylon Ultra-Flat Black. Im sure regular ultra flat black will do the same thing. I just got the Camo one cuz it was cheaper.lol. You know you'll have the camo one when u see it because it says it real big and there is a camo hummer on the can. My paint jobsTotal cost $8. But thats because i already had all the tape and sandpaper. all i had to do was buy the paint.

Back