EG w/ ITR rear LCA's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

saturn_boy96

88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R
i have been looking at converting to a type r rear suspension on my 5th gen coupe. my question is what all do i need besides the type r rear lca's and the type r struts?

Nothing else really. but why? You can get much better suspension for your Civic than that. And if you can score some GSR, Civic Si, or Del Sol vtecs LCAs, you can run the GSR sway too, and not worry about the ITR one tearing out your subframe.

why would an itr sway bar tear out a civic subframe and not an integra? do i just need the itr subframe brace? or the trunk brace?

btw i have been looking for gsr or si lca's and they are <_< difficult to find. the itr ones are much easier.

and back to my original question, would i need any special bolts? bushings?

thanks 92b16vx.

The reason they have a tendency to tear subframes is that the ITRs is a lot sturdier, and it properly reinforced from the factory. But the 22mm? is alot stronger than the Civics, so they can tear right through. Search on Honda-tech.com about it.

If you have everything, it should all just bolt right in.

On a side note, much of hte troubles have been attributted to weak suspension set ups also, even the Beaks kit has torn with crap spring/shock combos.

what kind of lca's do i need for a suspension techniques bar?

and what's a beak's kit? :huh:

as far as spring/shock combos i am looking at some koni adjustable itr struts w/ my ebay lowering springs. i don't know what the spring rate is but i know it's way stiffer than stock. :ph34r:

ST makes bars for cars that come with and without sways. Their kit for cars without sways, uses custom mount points, so you don't have to buy the LCAs.

Beaks is an aftermarket company that sells some suspension works, namely the bracing bracket to run the 22mm bar on EGs.

thanks, i guess i have more research to do. that sucks to cause i found a place where you can get the itr bar and brackets and bolts for like $116.

BSQ kit
beaks kit
these are two popular reinforcement kits for the ITR sway bar. others may exist.
and here's a comparison of the GsR sway bar and the ITR sway bar:
itrsway12.jpg

ya, the stock sways are tiny. i'm running an ITR rear sway on my sol with beaks kit on it. i'm using ITR lca's because of the tein ha's i have on it. thats all i have for suspension, thing handles like crazy.. check some of my incar footage in the multimedia section, not the spin out one though :lol:

Originally posted by B16@Mar 18 2004, 03:11 PM
ya, the stock sways are tiny. i'm running an ITR rear sway on my sol with beaks kit on it. i'm using ITR lca's because of the tein ha's i have on it. thats all i have for suspension, thing handles like crazy.. check some of my incar footage in the multimedia section, not the spin out one though :lol:

werd, I have the EXACT same setup (except for a few more strut bars and Potenza So3 tires. b16, are you still running on the crappy tires that the car came with?) I love how my car handles. The car is extremly tight feeling but still comfortable at lower settings on the TEINs.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 18 2004, 01:26 PM
b16, are you still running on the crappy tires that the car came with?

haha, hell NO! those are my spares, i ride with one in the trunk :)
i have a set of old school rota 15x6.5's running falken azenis 205/50/15. i've put about 9 months of driving and about 8 track events on those tires... they fucking rock!

Originally posted by bcman@Mar 18 2004, 12:29 AM
BSQ kit
beaks kit
these are two popular reinforcement kits for the ITR sway bar. others may exist.
and here's a comparison of the GsR sway bar and the ITR sway bar:
itrsway12.jpg

yup i tear up turns wif my ITR swap :mullet: . Used a teg's LCAs and beaks kit. That & my eGAY strut bar up front, almost like i got PowerSteering :D . The sway bar & LCAs & endlinks from 2nd gen Teg or EG civic are interchangeable.. also the 88-91 civic..i had a DA teg LS sway bar on my EF hatch. Now my ITR is rocking the EG vx hatch :worthy:

Back