EK H22 Won't Start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wallace67

I posted on here a while back with some electrical problems, mainly exterior light problems which I have fixed since then.

At the end of December, after running fine for about a month or two, it refused to start. Basically, I'd turn the car to Position II and hear both clicks from the main relay and the fuel pump come on. LOPL was on but CEL was (very) dim when in Position II. When I would try to start it, it appeared as though the battery was completely dead (which it wasn't) - everything just shut off until I reset the battery by disconnecting the negative wire.

During this time I replaced the following:
Battery
Main Relay
Plug Wires
Alternator
Distributor
Valve Cover Ground, Tranny Ground, Battery Ground, Battery Terminals
ECU is chipped and <6 mo old
Also tried using a known working cluster.

It was still not working, replaced a bunch of fuses, did some voltage checks on the ECU and the last thing I did was clean the ECU ground wire where it connects to the engine. The next day after I did that it started right up after a few tries and ran for a couple of weeks,

Fast forward to this week: Same exact problem happened seemingly at random. A buddy and I checked the ignition to see if we could find anything out of the ordinary but everything looked fine. This is basically one of the only things I haven't replaced so I am starting to suspect it. I am completely at a loss here as for other things to check, any ideas would be much appreciated.

Back