Engine And Tranny Match Up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ludeconduct

K, I spun a bearing in my H22A1 so I'm putting a JDM H22A in and I want taller gears so would I be able to put a Prelude SI Tranny in it. I just want to make sure they'll bolt up before I get the tranny. TIA J

ludeconduct

Nope, just sick of listening to it at about 4200 RPM when I'm cruzing at 80 on the freeway. I figure that tranny will help a little. Not to mention a higher top speed for a possible auto X.

Hexen

Originally posted by ludeconduct@Jan 10 2003, 03:28 AM
Nope, just sick of listening to it at about 4200 RPM when I'm cruzing at 80 on the freeway. I figure that tranny will help a little. Not to mention a higher top speed for a possible auto X.

Yikes, AutoX in a H22?

Now thats a heavy car. I'd be scared.

E_SolSi

Member of the 20 nut club
VIP
you want a close ratio tranny for autoX... autoX is not about top speed

just get a Si 5th gear ... then youll have the close ratio for when you want it and still have a low gear for highway travel

ludeconduct

Right tires and the Right suspension and that thing will kill most ne thing in its class. I got faith in my lude, hell it's the fastest stock four banger in tow so far (I live in a fairly small town, have raced ne one who wanted to go and beat them all). The one argument I have is the stock suspension sux. It's set up for comfort and not performance. But after a little work, she'll be ready ;) .

E_SolSi

Member of the 20 nut club
VIP
im tellin you putting the Si tranny in there is gunna be like kicking it in the nuts... just swap out 5th gear

ludeconduct

I won't hate first cuz it's the same ratio according to the chart on the reference page. And honestly I never really liked the H22 tranny. Other than pulling 14.9's it really wasn't much good for nething else. I'm more of a top speed kinda guy and 130 just wasn't doin it for me. I wanna take it to a track and see what she'll do as soon as I get some suspension under it thats worth while. I do thank you for your input, but I am set on getting the SI tranny put in, not to mention it's all ready on its way to the shop. Later, J