Engine And Tranny Match Up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ludeconduct

K, I spun a bearing in my H22A1 so I'm putting a JDM H22A in and I want taller gears so would I be able to put a Prelude SI Tranny in it. I just want to make sure they'll bolt up before I get the tranny. TIA J

Nope, just sick of listening to it at about 4200 RPM when I'm cruzing at 80 on the freeway. I figure that tranny will help a little. Not to mention a higher top speed for a possible auto X.

Originally posted by ludeconduct@Jan 10 2003, 03:28 AM
Nope, just sick of listening to it at about 4200 RPM when I'm cruzing at 80 on the freeway. I figure that tranny will help a little. Not to mention a higher top speed for a possible auto X.

Yikes, AutoX in a H22?

Now thats a heavy car. I'd be scared.

you want a close ratio tranny for autoX... autoX is not about top speed

just get a Si 5th gear ... then youll have the close ratio for when you want it and still have a low gear for highway travel

Right tires and the Right suspension and that thing will kill most ne thing in its class. I got faith in my lude, hell it's the fastest stock four banger in tow so far (I live in a fairly small town, have raced ne one who wanted to go and beat them all). The one argument I have is the stock suspension sux. It's set up for comfort and not performance. But after a little work, she'll be ready ;) .

im tellin you putting the Si tranny in there is gunna be like kicking it in the nuts... just swap out 5th gear

I won't hate first cuz it's the same ratio according to the chart on the reference page. And honestly I never really liked the H22 tranny. Other than pulling 14.9's it really wasn't much good for nething else. I'm more of a top speed kinda guy and 130 just wasn't doin it for me. I wanna take it to a track and see what she'll do as soon as I get some suspension under it thats worth while. I do thank you for your input, but I am set on getting the SI tranny put in, not to mention it's all ready on its way to the shop. Later, J

Back