Engine Building

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Viperlocc_B18C1

Ok, i have my GSR in my hatch and its great but im upgrading it with come CTR pistons and the intake cam. I know its gonna rase the compression to what, 11.6:1? right around there anyways. and someone told me because of it being so high that im gonna have to always run race gas (110 octane) but others told me 93 will do just fine. what do you all think considering i went from a turbo supra to a GSR hatchback civic...thanks for your replies

-viper

Originally posted by Viperlocc_B18C1@Mar 23 2003, 10:55 PM
Ok, i have my GSR in my hatch and its great but im upgrading it with come CTR pistons and the intake cam. I know its gonna rase the compression to what, 11.6:1? right around there anyways. and someone told me because of it being so high that im gonna have to always run race gas (110 octane) but others told me 93 will do just fine. what do you all think considering i went from a turbo supra to a GSR hatchback civic...thanks for your replies

-viper

why'd you give up the Supra? if i may ask, i will own one in about 3 to 4 years if all goes well

i gave up the supra because the previous owners did not take care of it as it had a rod knock and a oil leak. i think the turbo was also maybe going as it was running 15psi and started to smoke a little but that might be caused from the oil leak itself. i was VERY happy with it but it also had rust on the back side and under it so it was beyond fixing it so i decided to get this honda that raced me last summer and beat me LOL so when from big 'ol supra to fast little honda. but like i said, i was VERY impressed with the way the supra went. youll be happy if you get it

my motor is mid built, and running on high octane 98. if i run on low octane, i can;t feel shit.

in my opinion i would recommend running vp motorsport103 the actual octane is 100. anything above 11.3:1 requires this type of fuel upgrade to keep from detonating. this fuel is expensive but you can always mix 1/2 93 1/2 100.

Calesta (on here) was running a 12.6:1 CR with 93 octane and had no problems

Back