Engine stand

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOHCD16y8

I have just purchased a B18b1 and am goin to start rebuilding the block on an engine stand, however i am not sure what bolts to use to mount the engine to the stand and what holes to use. I know most of the time you just use the trans bolts but the stand i have wont allow it to happen like that. It has a four inch hole for the bolts to go thru first before it goes into the block and pictured here Engine stand (top left 1000 pound capacity)
What size bolts should I use on the block and what holes to use?
thanks

take a bell housing bolt out and bring it to a parts store and get some bolts that are the same diameter and thread pitch btu just longer so they can go through the stand and into the block

I dont have any of the original bolts because i bought the engine and trans separate but i looked it up at work (autozone). I went and got 2 m12 x 1.25 4 inches long for under the head and 2 7/16 inch ones that were 4 inches long for the bottom left and bottom right holes and used anti seize on the threads and washers to protect it, worked great, got all grade 8 bolts by the way, thanks for the replies

i was a little i guess, i was looking for more direct answer than what i got buts its done now so it doesnt matter

This is not Swap-related. This is the Swap-related forum.

Try again in the right forum.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back