ENGINE TROUBLE AT TRACK ON SAT.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Was at track on Saturday with my Crx, 90si with Jdm itr swap, car was running good, weather was ok.,i'd just ran a 13.4 with lots of wheel spin, tires are done.
Anyways i decide to go up the road for a sub,on my way back, car sort of jucked on accel. from a stop light first gear letting off the clutch there was a hesitation
almost stalled but then slowly accelerated, now on acceleration from a stop, it re'v up slowly till about 4000rpm then power kicks in, and no troubles, just slow getting going, other then that it's running ok. Dont think as anything to do with swap, engine's been in for 1 1/2 yrs. and no issues other then axle's breaking twice, wonndering if anyone as a clue, car is wired OBD1, any suggestions welcomed.

Originally posted by formby@Aug 15 2005, 10:20 AM
did you reset the ecu?....check the oil.....timming?????
[post=540210]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, i would definatly check the timing. Make sure you didnt manage to skip a tooth somehow. Its not that hard to do, and its not that hard to fix.

Originally posted by 5speed4life+Aug 15 2005, 10:27 AM-->
@Aug 15 2005, 10:20 AM

Yeah, i would definatly check the timing. Make sure you didnt manage to skip a tooth somehow. Its not that hard to do, and its not that hard to fix.
[post=540211]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Originally posted by 5speed4life+Aug 15 2005, 11:27 AM-->
@Aug 15 2005, 10:20 AM

[post=540211]Quoted post[/post]​

reseted ecu yesterday, oil checks ok, timing good idea...

thanks for the help guys, but figured out what it was, i started my car last night,
hadnt driven it for a cpl days, as soon as i turned on my headlights car stalled and wouldnt restart, battery dead, so we figured dead alternator, replaced alternator in the dark, cpl hrs later start her up, take it for a ride, problem solved, seems like it anyways, is it possible low voltage from alternator, makes sense to me but hell im no mechanic, thanks anyways guys

Back