engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
he meant to say ecu,charger(meaning turbo or supercharger)and chip...
your wasting your time trying to reach high mph,
basically you want to reach the highest mph in a matter of a certain amount of time..the faster you go in the least amount of time is what you need...150 from a civic will take minutes...you dont have minutes due to the fact that races are less than 20 seconds...

a civic will do over 80..as a matter of fact your civic will do 111 stock right now...

dtob is full of bs info..please stop talking

he meant to say ecu,charger(meaning turbo or supercharger)and chip...
your wasting your time trying to reach high mph,
basically you want to reach the highest mph in a matter of a certain amount of time..the faster you go in the least amount of time is what you need...150 from a civic will take minutes...you dont have minutes due to the fact that races are less than 20 seconds...

a civic will do over 80..as a matter of fact your civic will do 111 stock right now...

dtob is full of bs info..please stop talking

You obviously don't have a sense of humour.

I was trying to discourage him because he is going to hurt someone trying to go that fast on the street and he isn't doing any kind of research on his own.

BTW here is where I got the tranny stuff from for the top speed. Fatboy Raceworks Transmission Gear Ratio Calculator - Honda/Acura & More
It's a pretty cool site that you could compare different trannies and see how the ratios are different and what the top speed of each gear is.

Last edited:
There was a sohc vtec turbo with an hx tranny that went somewhere around 170 mph on some freeway and they taped it. I believe he was using a defi gauge to measure the mph in a digital format. And...he actually went over 170... 174 i beleive it was.

ive personally reached 171mph, defi digital gauge, built turbo gs-r with an ls tranny racing "turbo-lou" from EIP Tuning back in the day. We met at atco a few years ago...he actually left VW's and moved onto domestics...turbocharged mustang on the bottle last I heard he went 9 flat in a street car. But as for his vw, that shit was fast but couldnt catch me uptop. I stretched his 10.4 vw about 5 car lengths in my hatch. 170mph is a very scary situation. I dont care what suspension you have... your tires arent made for mild bends at 170mph...its just not happening... I started sliding over 3 lanes, i thought i was gonna lose control of the car.

thats a single head...you do not want that...

b16 head with b18a/b bottom end...or just get a gsr

and you dont get headerS the turbo you buy should come with a turbo manifold.
and you dont buy an intake..you buy a filter for the turbo or just run it with a mesh screen

Screw that 170 mph can suck my balls unless the freeway's completely clear and I've got some sort of super traction tires. Just go for acceleration not top speed that'd be more fun anyway having your back to the seat from 0-100 or something but 170? Come on.

i like the sound of that.

anyone got any good webistes for engines lookin for a b18a1 and low compression pistons & a b16 head.

thats a single head...you do not want that...

b16 head with b18a/b bottom end...or just get a gsr

and you dont get headerS the turbo you buy should come with a turbo manifold.
and you dont buy an intake..you buy a filter for the turbo or just run it with a mesh screen

+1 but I don't agree about the turbo coming with a manifold unless you get a package deal.

Even just a stock turbo b16 can be damn fast.

It doesn't sound like this guy has much mechanical knowledge so I wouldn't recommend pulling an engine apart and trying an ls/vtec or anything.

Do LOTS of research about turboing before you try it yourself or get someone to do the kit for you or you will break something. Go to Homemadeturbo.com and look around there. I've been a member of the site for years now and there are some very knowledgeable people there that could help you out.

i like the sound of that.

anyone got any good webistes for engines lookin for a b18a1 and low compression pistons & a b16 head.

If you are turboing you don't need the b16 head unless you really want to do the ls/vtec. You are looking at a fairly big project here if you want a turbo ls/vtec. To build a proper ls/vtec for boost can be expensive. I built my ls/vtec for 4 grand and it was a cheap build. Here's a list of parts:

- block/B18 swap 1500
- head 500
- arp head studs 80
- tuner toys rods ( they are a knockoff eagle but are a good product and cheap ) with arp studs 230
- low compression pistons 400
- new timing belt 100
- bearings main and rod 450
- new thrust washers 80
- dohc vtec oil and water pumps 200
- golden eagle ls/vtec kit 300
- head gasket 100
- turbo 1200
- exhaust manifold 400
- charge piping 300
- Intercooler 200
- down pipe 200
- blow off valve 250
- waste gate 250
- fuel injectors 150
- fuel pump 255lph 80
- chipped ecu P28 160
- clutch kit that is strong enough to hold the power you want to make 200
- boost gauge 80
- Dyno tuning session 400

Total : around 8 grand

This was just a short list without all the unexpected things that pop up during every build.

I'd recommend just turboing a b16 or gsr or even an LS which can be pretty quick.

It all depends on how much you want to spend and how much power you want to make.

Do LOTS of research or you can be spending a lot of money for nothing.

Last edited:
If you are turboing you don't need the b16 head unless you really want to do the ls/vtec. You are looking at a fairly big project here if you want a turbo ls/vtec. To build a proper ls/vtec for boost can be expensive. I built my ls/vtec for 4 grand and it was a cheap build. Here's a list of parts:

- block/B18 swap 1500
- head 500
- arp head studs 80
- tuner toys rods ( they are a knockoff eagle but are a good product and cheap ) with arp studs 230
- low compression pistons 400
- new timing belt 100
- bearings main and rod 450
- new thrust washers 80
- dohc vtec oil and water pumps 200
- golden eagle ls/vtec kit 300
- head gasket 100
- turbo 1200
- exhaust manifold 400
- charge piping 300
- Intercooler 200
- down pipe 200
- blow off valve 250
- waste gate 250
- fuel injectors 150
- fuel pump 255lph 80
- chipped ecu P28 160
- clutch kit that is strong enough to hold the power you want to make 200
- boost gauge 80
- Dyno tuning session 400

Total : around 8 grand

This was just a short list without all the unexpected things that pop up during every build.

I'd recommend just turboing a b16 or gsr or even an LS which can be pretty quick.

It all depends on how much you want to spend and how much power you want to make.

Do LOTS of research or you can be spending a lot of money for nothing.

out of these 2 motors which would i be better off with and would be more reliable with a turbo.

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30007

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30009

Better off - depends on what you want out of it.

More reliable - depends on how you build, tune, and maintain it and especially the brand of parts you use. More $ = better parts.

Better off - depends on what you want out of it.

More reliable - depends on how you build, tune, and maintain it and especially the brand of parts you use. More $ = better parts.

what i want is a quicker car. the car im wanting to boost or mod is my everday car so its gonna need to last. if i got the b18c put headers. intake. exhaust. and chip would it still be quick if so give me a time 1/4 quick? and then if i put turbo on it what would i need to do to make it stable as in reliabe for me to use and keep up. i change oil every 2-3k miles so thats good.

ok a b18c with intake,exhaust,ecu chipped,and header will be quick in your car...
it will have some balls.

then you can either piece together a turbo kit,or you can buy a complete kit..
with your know-how..i would buy a complete kit...
then for power...it all depends where you want the most power...
if you want more power down low..get a smaller turbo,if you want more power up top,get a bigger turbo..
to me it sounds like your done with the high mph...and your just shoting ofr getting from point a to point b as fast as possible..
so youd want more lowend power...
put the turbo on and get it tuned @ 8 psi..this is what stock internals will hold..drive it around for awhile..if you feel you need more..
build the bottom end up and throw more boost at it

ok a b18c with intake,exhaust,ecu chipped,and header will be quick in your car...
it will have some balls.

then you can either piece together a turbo kit,or you can buy a complete kit..
with your know-how..i would buy a complete kit...
then for power...it all depends where you want the most power...
if you want more power down low..get a smaller turbo,if you want more power up top,get a bigger turbo..
to me it sounds like your done with the high mph...and your just shoting ofr getting from point a to point b as fast as possible..
so youd want more lowend power...
put the turbo on and get it tuned @ 8 psi..this is what stock internals will hold..drive it around for awhile..if you feel you need more..
build the bottom end up and throw more boost at it

that sounds damn good.
is a p72 ecu chipped? or how would i go about getting a chipped ecu?
whats an lsd tranny to :D cuz the engine im lookin at right now has one b18c 180hp gsr

- Motor
- Hydraulic Tranny (S80, Y80)
- ECU (P72)
- Axles with Half Shaft
- Shift Linkage
- Stock Motor Mounts *
- Alternator
- Starter
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Distributor
- Engine Harness
- Comes With All Sensors Needed
- LSD Tranny (Optional +$350)

^^ Im set?

Yea just make sure it's OBD-2a or you'll have wiring problems.

The ecu doesn't come chipped...and to chip it I'm guessing you wouldn't know how so...

Buy a tuning chip you like (spoon sports chip, JUN racing chip, hondata, etc..) and find someone that knows how to tune it. Or you can buy a pre burnt chip. RESEARCH.

Chips can come with a pre-burnt tune on them, you can get a pre-chipped ecu, you can find someone to send your ecu off to who will chip it for you, just research it makes things a whole lot easier than just diving in.

Last edited:
lsd=limited slip differential..makes it soo when accelerating,cornering,both the tires have equal power...makes it soo when doing a burnout both tires spin equally,,basically helps with traction..
and just the gsr in your car with intake,exhaust,header will pull alot harder than what your at now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back