Ethan's 91 Civic HB Official Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got the head and block clean and installed the head and head gasket. but i got rained out here are some shitty pics for you guys.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 217
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 258
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 224
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    704.7 KB · Views: 383
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    624.2 KB · Views: 253
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    595.1 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Lol. I have the same Haynes book and the same Fel-Pro headgsaket. :) They're good gaskets, mine has been used with 3 (three) different motors and its still good.

I don't use Valvoline oil and Fram filters anymore...OEM filters and Mobil Synthetic FTW! :D

I just grabbed it i always change the oil 100 miles after a head gasket. so i didn't really care what it was. ill be busy on it today hopefully more pics.

Corona FTW.

Ohh and ill be usin one of my honda oil filters when i change it. :)

New plans! drop in my new/old d16a6 with its mpfi and then later on rebuild and put on a z6 head.

Im kinda new to honda's and i have a 1990 HB ef. i was wonder what swap will be the easiest but give the most power output. Can anyone help?

The easiest swap is the D16a6/D16z6 "mini-me" engine swap. I went the D16a6/D16y8 route and it is much harder because I am constantly having to buy more and more frankenstein parts and I have to keep researching parts that will be compatible to my engine. If you need any help PM me or start a thread and I will be sure to help you!!

Hey Ethan, could I ask you a big favour? Can you please post up some pictures of the wiring harness in the engine bay. I just put the Rad Fan Relay, Headlight, Side Marker, and Fuse Box wiring through the firewall and they were kind of hacked up, so I used a wiring diagram and rewired and now I cannot find the location of the loom spots. Thank you!

Hey Ethan, could I ask you a big favour? Can you please post up some pictures of the wiring harness in the engine bay. I just put the Rad Fan Relay, Headlight, Side Marker, and Fuse Box wiring through the firewall and they were kind of hacked up, so I used a wiring diagram and rewired and now I cannot find the location of the loom spots. Thank you!

lol too late. i just started doing a tuck. since my license got suspended today i figured it would be the time to do it.

Last edited:
to make a long story short... me and a buddy had to go to a junkyard about 2 hours away and he didn't have a good inspection. so we used the one off my accord. we got pulled over and the cop was gonna arrest us for it and the fact my bud had a suspended license but he let us go with 8 tickets and i had to drive...

then i lost the ticket and didn't know where we where so i had to wait for the suspension notice to start getting it worked out.

seat belt ticket by the way.

Consider yourself lucky, man. That is good that you got out of a jail sentence. I would take a seatbelt ticket over jail anyday.

to make a long story short... me and a buddy had to go to a junkyard about 2 hours away and he didn't have a good inspection. so we used the one off my accord. we got pulled over and the cop was gonna arrest us for it and the fact my bud had a suspended license but he let us go with 8 tickets and i had to drive...

then i lost the ticket and didn't know where we where so i had to wait for the suspension notice to start getting it worked out.

seat belt ticket by the way.
how the hell did you get banged out for a false inspection?
in all my years I have never ever heard of someone getting banged out for that
did you leave all the void markings on the windshield of the accord or something??
learn how to use a heatgun man
or get a newer razor blade
noob

how the hell did you get banged out for a false inspection?
in all my years I have never ever heard of someone getting banged out for that
did you leave all the void markings on the windshield of the accord or something??
learn how to use a heatgun man
or get a newer razor blade
noob

i didn't do it and yes he put it on with the void showing. iv never been cought with a fake inspection... cause i get inspected. it helps! lmao

Back