EverQuest II

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i played EQ 1 a lot, but only when i didnt have a job so i had hours and hours to put into the game..
my brother just got EQ2 and it looks cool, but i just dont have the time to put into a game like that anymore

:werd:

I played CoH all the time when I first got it... then I got bored, and my g/f got it, but I was too bored of it to really play anymore. She got pissed, I got pissed, we both recently cancelled. I'm waiting to justify the use of money and time to give another mmo a try.

Bleh :p

I played Ultima Online every single day for 2 years, from December 1999 to mid 2002. And played it on and off till late 2003. Never liked evercrack.

I'm downloading the World of Warcraft stress test beta right now actually... They've got a bittorrent going but for some reason even with thousands of people the 2.3GB download is taking much longer than it should, about 3 days now. And yes I've got all the correct ports open. :D

WoW is looking like it could be my new Ultima Online. Can't be sure till the download finishes and I try it out though. Which by my calculations should be right about the time I get home. :D

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Nov 12 2004, 12:33 PM
I thought the beta was already closed?
[post=415933]Quoted post[/post]​

The closed beta is done, now there's about a week or so of open stress test beta.

EDIT: They already closed the open beta signup page... 500,000 signups the very first day. :) For anyone else wanting to try it out, they may open it again before the 23rd, they say.

god i hate that game. i, personally, think it sucks, but tens of thousands of people like it....weird. my friend plays it religiously. here is a recent convo...

SeanMc300: Yo
Rcp11183: EQ2!!!
SeanMc300: So
Rcp11183: cant talk

then he signed off....lol

i call it EverQueer, cuz its such a bad game.

The original Everquest was quite possibly the worst game ever. So I cannot imagine the second one being any better.

I played Ultima Online and Everquest before. Everquest took too much time to play because you were grinding and 80% of the time I was leveling. The other 20% of the time was crafting items or running around.

Ultima Online is more user friendly. Although you grind, you get to grind with decent music in the background. You could be successful in Ultima Online by being a craftsman as in EQ you had to be a good battle character who could either hack the shit out of the enemy or cast devastating spells on them.

EQ had better graphics, UO was more laid back.

In the future, I would play neither because of how time consuming they were.

guild wars is a gme that you play online..for free, and its more like a diablo type game but in sort of 1st person.... oh and you level faster.

ive played every mmorpg to date except for 2

been playing them for about 6 years, the thing that kills eq2 for me is no pvp

playing WoW beta, DAoC, and SB currently

fyi- the blizzard downloader for the beta client sucks ass, go to fileplanet for MUCh faster dl speeds.

blizzard - 10-20k/sec
fileplanet 400-450k/sec

i dl'd it in a couple hours

*Notachick's brother* Well, I must say... EverQuest 2 is worth the money (if you're into that kinda shit) so far. The graphics are beautiful, the battle system is a balance between COH and old EQ styling (yes there's still auto-attack). And I'm liking the story and PC-NPC interaction thus far. Now, there's only one problem... I can't move. To donate to the "Ex-A needs a new computer" foundation please call 1-800-'Your a car salesman, sell a damn car' or visit www.goddamnmansellacaralready.com.

Back