Well, first time i've ever been "let go"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

invisibledemon said:
studying foreign language. start german this coming semester. as well as comp 2, us history, political science, and world religion. im stoked. will be adding french when i transfer

I know you like learning dude, but none of those classes will really benefit you in any way. I don't know what you have or haven't taken so far, but you should be taking things that will put you in the direction of a useful degree.

i would suggest 'international business' of some sort, and minor in a language you like.

Sounds like you need a solid foundation to support the lifestyle you want. I don't live to work, but my work lets me live man. You might have a tough time finding a job that matches your wants without a more applicable degree.

Currently my business management degree lets me work with North America, Europe, soon to be Australia and South America. If I stick with my current division a bit longer, the opportunity to travel to these areas will be quite prominent. The culture, language, etc are all part of the business. This is just an example.

While I value education and learning a lot, I also value my family more. I'd do anything, regardless of if I "wanted" to or not to provide for my family. Shit, if I had to, I'd clean toilets if I knew it could provide for them long term. Not much stress in cleaning a pooper.

Back