exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redef91

i got a 91 ls crx and i just did my exhaust 3 weeks ago dc headers all the way back to a fart can. no cat or anything. today i got pulled over for modfied exhaust 250 he said it too loud,f**k state troopers. i was wonder if install my cat and a stock muffler will lose power at all or still be the same. currently 2.25 all the way back.

If you put a cat on it will make it a tad quieter. I took a stock honda cat. punched out all the cat stuff and put it on. took away that "rice" noise. I Have a 4-1 megan header with a 2.5 collector, honda "cat", 2.25 mandrel(spelling?) down the stock path, Flowmaster muffler in stock muffler location. Sounds good to me. Those fart cans are just that. Remember back pressure is needed. If you were going turbo I would say open it up. Im gonna get flammed for this but f*ck it. Get a 20 cherry bomb welded into your exhaust as a resonator(spelling?). My friend did this with a flowmaster muffler also, sounds real nice and no rice.....no rice at all......

Originally posted by drpenguin@Aug 27 2005, 05:11 AM
If you put a cat on it will make it a tad quieter. I took a stock honda cat. punched out all the cat stuff and put it on. took away that "rice" noise. I Have a 4-1 megan header with a 2.5 collector, honda "cat", 2.25 mandrel(spelling?) down the stock path, Flowmaster muffler in stock muffler location. Sounds good to me. Those fart cans are just that. Remember back pressure is needed. If you were going turbo I would say open it up. Im gonna get flammed for this but f*ck it. Get a 20 cherry bomb welded into your exhaust as a resonator(spelling?). My friend did this with a flowmaster muffler also, sounds real nice and no rice.....no rice at all......
[post=545947]Quoted post[/post]​

is flowmaster 50 state legal. anyone know.

where do you live?

Flowmaster's may be, but it's probably 49 state legal.

Where I live "Any modification to the exhaust system is not legal" Damn virginia. They say it doesnt matter. That's why i bought RS*R, close enough!

If you want to quiet it down and remove any raspiness, mandrel bent is the way to go period. Regular bending puts small restrictions in the exhaust that cause little tiny swirls (eddies for those engineers and whatnot out there) to form in the exhaust flow. When these swirls get out into the air the explode causing the pop. If you run a fully mandrel bent exhaust there's no place for the eddies to form, and it will smooth out (and quiet out) the tone.

Also cats and resonators are the mack daddies, if it wouldn't be a waste of time and money I would run a resonator on every inch of straight pipe I had.

thanx guys i think im gonna put on the cat and res. on it and flowmaster muffler go from there.

Originally posted by redef91@Aug 27 2005, 01:47 PM
thanx guys i think im gonna put on the cat and res. on it and flowmaster muffler go from there.
[post=546046]Quoted post[/post]​

i live mass fucken state troopers r dicks here so any sign of nosie automatic modfied exhaust.

I had a flowmaster deltaflow and absolutely hated the way it sounded, especially if you've got crimp bends like I was talking about. But fortunatly if you dont like it it will fit damn near anycar in the world since its just the muffler (I sold mine to a boy with an 85 toyota pickup).

Edit: Sorry to hear y'alls troopers give a flip... I had a stately in a camaro give me a thumbs up just the other day for they way I sounded goin down the freeway. Gotta love those southern cops :p

Back