F-max Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

XcreatonX

yeah im lookin to drop a h22 into my 92 prelude i have a h23 right now and im looking to turbo in a little bit i was lookin at the f-max turbo does anyone have any advice. should i just rebuild my h23 or should i go with the h22

You should build the H23 and boost it. The H23 would be better for boost than the H22. The gearing is longer in the H23 tranny which allows your turbo more time to spool.

Peace*

keep the h23 i did a drag kit on a 98 prelude it was a pain in the butt.if you are goning to build the motor you have to sleeve the h22 or the h23 before adding pistons and rods.i would go with the f max kit it was easier to install than the drag kit.

Hey thanks for the advice
i have another ?
what do you think i should build my motor up with any brands that i should get for piston rings rods or anything or any good places to get them
and what about the head what do i need to do i would like to run about 15 psi on the f-max turbo

Originally posted by XcreatonX@Jan 22 2003, 09:16 PM
i have another ?
what do you think i should build my motor up with any brands that i should get for piston rings rods or anything or any good places to get them
and what about the head what do i need to do i would like to run about 15 psi on the f-max turbo

look at ur other post, i answered taht question already

Originally posted by XcreatonX@Jan 22 2003, 09:16 PM
i have another ?

you can't run forged pistsons in an h-seires without a sleeve job.
period

Why can't you run Forged pistons in the H-series, importbuilders sells H22 blocks with forged pistons in them that aren't sleeved. As do someother companies, I am just curious why, or is it just a bad idea.

Back