Feeler post: My CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

I need help in naming a price for it. The local guys that would pick it up here don't want it, and it would be too much a long-distance guy, so I don't think anyone here will want it. But tell me what you think:

aau.sized.jpg

aav.sized.jpg

aay.sized.jpg

1987 Si with custom color, Horizon Silver and heavy pearl with blue. DAD seats, Clarion tape head, 12 disc changer and pro audio at all 4 corners. The motor is worked, but it's dead so it's gonna need a swap. I have also, that can be included a 1989 Integra donor car. It billows water out the back of the block (Probably cracked).

3 angle valve job, Chikara header on it right now. The exhaust is TUNED (I tuned it by sizing, angling and replacing bits of pipe while measuring the pulse with an oscilliscope) and a Supertrapp canister. The car is QUITE fast, when it works. The tranny is smooth as silk. The front fender got it's crack back again.

The car has $6000 in it, and there is no way I'll ever see that again. I resolved myself that this will be the car that I'm buried in.... BUT...

I just got a new project car. So something has to give. I'm doing a feeler to see what's gonna happen.

Lemme know what you think, and how much you think I could get for it. Remember, the engine in it now is dead (It still runs, but it pours white steam out of the back of the engine)

-> Steve

limp it up to my house...and when I can get to it..I'll fix it or do the swap...keep the car dude..you'll need something to autocross next year with...and I'll work something out with you for some wheels and tires...

I just got a new project car.

That's code for "Holy shit Susan is going to f*ckin kill me if I show up with them both"

I ... could.. sell the new car. I'm keeping it on the down-low until I actually pick it up. It's going to Jeff's, until I can do something about the number of cars here. And I'm just doing a feeler post. I would love to fix it, swap it, whatever and let someone drive it long-term until I get a new house. But the Civic is already the White Bike of Denmark.

Originally posted by Jeef@Aug 7 2005, 09:57 PM
Pm me with what price range you want for this.
[post=537156]Quoted post[/post]​

No need to PM. I want $10,000. And now you can see why I need a feeler post. I'm interested in what you people think it's worth.

I also just got it running today. I flushed it out, and after some more flushings I should be set. It appears the cooling system was clogged, and it popped out the coolant hose. It's running smooth without missing a beat (It hums, I love the sound of that car.. it hums like a Myst game) but it's running on the hot side.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity+Aug 8 2005, 04:45 PM-->
@Aug 7 2005, 09:57 PM
Pm me with what price range you want for this.
[post=537156]Quoted post[/post]​

No need to PM. I want $10,000. And now you can see why I need a feeler post. I'm interested in what you people think it's worth.

I also just got it running today. I flushed it out, and after some more flushings I should be set. It appears the cooling system was clogged, and it popped out the coolant hose. It's running smooth without missing a beat (It hums, I love the sound of that car.. it hums like a Myst game) but it's running on the hot side.

-> Steve
[post=537564]Quoted post[/post]​

pelase tell me your not serious when you say $10,000

Well, it's what I want :)

One of the most sobering moments in my life is when I realised, truly, that what I want and what I get are never two of the same.

-> Steve

TELL ME WHAT THIS WOULD SELL FOR ! Either in your area, or what you think, or anything for shit's sake !

It's an '87... I don't know. I paid $2800 for a '93 civic hatch that runs perfectly... (With '00 Si wheels)

well, a bone stock blue 87 CRX Si went for $1000, but it was in crappy condition. theres a couple of those with wheels around here, theres somebody that would come up w/ 3-5 grand, depends on the person and how much they know about the car. how many miles on the motor? advertise in a car collectors mag, belive it or not, people do collect those things. its a very nice looking car, BTW...

looks nice but it is old and not running so 1500-2500

Originally posted by blackice90HB@Aug 8 2005, 07:56 PM
[post=537637]Quoted post[/post]​

Holy shit, Johnny Black, is that you ?!

I've been given some fair assessments now, Thanks guys. I got the car to run, and now I'm going to spend a few weeks enjoying her and making sure the fixes are enough.

When it comes time to deliver the new car, I'll make up my mind then. Right now I'm working out some barter deals on RPR, and I'll see where that takes me.

-> Steve

Thanks for your PMs and stuff... I gave the Porsche (The new project car) the boot, and am keeping the CRX. the CRX is twice the car that 924 widebody will ever be (1984 944T)

Thanks

good steve. if you were to get rid of that car, you should just give it to me. clayton is going to give me his, eventually too ;)

Back