Finally bought a swapped EF Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigBoy

b16, bolt ons, cams, etc. Runs pretty strong. The question i have is the car has a switch right next to the steering wheel which turns on the fan under the hood to prevent overheating. He told me to turn it on if the temp goes up. He also said this is typical for most swapped cars. Is this true?

my crx with gsr engine never overheats, my fan comes on automatically when the thermostat opens.

Yeah it sounds like he kinda skimped out on the wiring. Even if your car overheats alittle every once in awhile I would think that would add up over time. I did a ZC swap on my crx and my fan turns on when the thermostat opens.

Originally posted by Drake@May 19 2005, 11:31 PM
Yeah it sounds like he kinda skimped out on the wiring. Even if your car overheats alittle every once in awhile I would think that would add up over time. I did a ZC swap on my crx and my fan turns on when the thermostat opens.
[post=501565]Quoted post[/post]​

So what would I need to do to make it automatic? is it an easy fix? I just dont want to keep looking at the temp guage every 5 mins

I dont rember off the top of my head but in the morning I will search for the site I used as my guid when I did my swap. Sorry I cant be of any more help right now.

it sounds like the guy made a custom switch for the fan to keep it off while running the car hard to conserve power. i know a kid whose accord was like that. all you should have to do is follow the wires from the switch and connect them back. all a switch is is just a controlled break in a wire, if that helps you out any......

the htermo switch could be bad, causing the fans not to come on. Check that. It is a sensor that is screwed into the inlet for the lower radiator hose on teh block. you'll see it. It's a pretty cheap part as well, so change it out and see what happens.

Yeah, usually when people do that, its because the fan isn't coming on automatically like it should. I probably should do the same, I dont think my CRX's fan ever turns on...but then again it never overheats.

Back