Finally got a new job w0ot!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
So when the economy started tanking the RC Helicopter shop seemed immune for quite a while, but it eventually caught up to us and the guys with the disposable income started sitting instead of giving it to us every day. So I decided that my dad could do without the strain of overpaying me, and starting looking for something else and finally found it.

I did for hire PC repair, and freelance photography for a while but finally found a solid, stable job shooting pictures of cars for an ad agency that pushes to Autotrader.com, cars.com, and many other online sites. It's pretty cool, while I have a boss (lives in San Antonio), I am pretty much alone as I am one of only two people in my area working for them, and the other guy technically works for a different company owned by the same parent company. Everything is done through emails, text and phone calls. It was kind of funny getting the job, I responded to an ad on Craigslist, and didn't hear back for three months, so I figured it was another info phishing scam ad, but the guy called and said that it was a mistake when they posted it in Corpus Christi, but that they now had dealerships in Corpus that needed people. I interviewed, but someone else initially got the job, but he turned out to be a lazy douchebag, so they came to me. It's pretty tight, pays great hourly to start, overtime like a mofo, $300 car allowance plus mileage monthly, $65 phone allowance monthly, $35 for internet monthly, 401 and bennies after two months, camera, laptop, and iPad.

Here's what I do, I shot these pictures ...

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...&stkTyp=U&sf1Dir=DESC&aff=national&listType=1

Wo0t!!1!!!

congrats!!!

you broke the 1st rule of photography. get out of your own photos lol

That's an interesting job man. Congrats.

Thanks, and yea it is pretty interesting. I was actually going to freelance this same idea to some smaller dealerships in town, but this came along first. Of course now I am learning the inside details to be able to offer a better, more professional package to clients if/when I strike out on my own

I remember when I worked at Texas Direct Auto, they had a whole staff of photographers and another whole staff of photo 'retouchers' that did all their sale photos, hah. Super top secret James Bond stuff :p

Super sketchy and shady, but word on the street was they made a DAMN good paycheck

Back