finally got my civic tuned but i have a problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

Ok i finally got my civic tuned today, i am learning uberdata and crome. for some reason my ecu doesn't like crome it is just not handling the crome program at all. so with uberdata it works pretty good. but here is the problem. the car runs good but it doesn't start right. but if i get the car to start right it doesn't start good. we adjusted the TPS Cold and Main enrich it starts good at the value of 150, but that is like the injectors are 160cc what could it be? the bad start is like this i turn the key once let it turn a bit stop then turn again and it starts. and that is the enrich at 100 if i go to 150 it starts right up but then it doesn't let me rev past 3000. what should i look at?
the other thing is we had the wide band hooked up and it was good not lean or anything from idle to vtec, but once it hit vtec it started to lean out what could that be? do i need bigger injectors? the duty on the injectors where over what the injectors can handle. please let me know what it could be thanks guys!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 30 2005, 12:14 PM
you're running 160cc injectors? i'm confused...
[post=518708]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

I though stockers were 240 or something. Is there a button in crome, that lets you choose the injector size? I'm only familiar with turbo edit

there are injctor multipliers for crome just like te

no i am not running 160 injectors what i mean by that is when i put the suggested value in for the tps enrich i checked to see what size injectors the program said that is for and it said 160cc at the enrich value of 150. i got the value back at 100 and it is reading 240cc again but it starts really crappy. but it runs alright. but my problem really is why does it lean out when i get to vtec? and why does the idle jump up and down for a while (1000 rpms to 1500 rpms) then it stops, what could that be? and also my idle is high the idle is 1100 rpms, i am going out today and going to check the timing on the dizzy see if it is off timing. that might be the answer to a lot of my problems!

Originally posted by MikeBergy+Jun 30 2005, 02:47 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jun 30 2005, 12:14 PM
you're running 160cc injectors? i'm confused...
[post=518708]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

I though stockers were 240 or something. Is there a button in crome, that lets you choose the injector size? I'm only familiar with turbo edit
[post=518754]Quoted post[/post]​

for some reason my ecu doesn't like any crome programs i tried stock p30 and it didn't let me get passed 3000 rpms and it didn't act right at all but for uberdata it runs good! where can i get a copy of turbo edit i want to learn them all! thanks man

your no start issue...

did you try turning the key to on position, let the fuel pump cycle, turn key to off, key back to on, fuel pump cycle, back to off, back to on, let fuel pump cycle one more time, then try to start...

i'm thinking maybe its not a mapping problem if it will start on the second try, but not the first...

were you having CEL issues with chrome?

i don;t know much about the tuning programs but do they already have fuel increased for when vtec activates? or do you need to correct the mapping yourself for vtec a/f ratios?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jul 1 2005, 12:42 PM
your no start issue...

did you try turning the key to on position, let the fuel pump cycle, turn key to off, key back to on, fuel pump cycle, back to off, back to on, let fuel pump cycle one more time, then try to start...

i'm thinking maybe its not a mapping problem if it will start on the second try, but not the first...

were you having CEL issues with chrome?

i don;t know much about the tuning programs but do they already have fuel increased for when vtec activates? or do you need to correct the mapping yourself for vtec a/f ratios?
[post=519178]Quoted post[/post]​

for your first question yes i waited for the cel to turn off and at the same time i hear it priming the engine. for your second question i had/have no cel with crome or uberdata just for some reason it just didn't like the crome program at all it would start then idle really rough like there was a v8 under my hood and knocking and rumbling all over the place, burn the uberdata on the chip put it in and i have the start issues but it idles ok a little high but ok and it runs good until i hit vtec it starts to lean out. i went outside and started the car and i put the timing light on it and it was way off so i put it on perfect timing now and it idles around 900 rpms now and it goes up from 900 to 1200 for a few seconds maybe 30 seconds and then it goes to idle what should i do to correct that and to get my start issue resolved?

post your EXACT set up, and i'll create you a bin file later tonight for you to burn.

with the timing light, you should be at 16*. move the distributor into place.
but keep in mind, if your CHIP is fucked up, your BASE timing could also be fucked up.

best bet is to start the car with an un-chipped ECU. just let it idel. get the timing set.
then throw the chipped ecu back on.

first, it sounds like the timing was too far advanced using the chrome so it was detonating/knocking real bad...

no clueon the start issue except maybe your low idle maps are fucked up? did you mess with the idle timing at all? after the 30 seconds it idles fines??

are you low on coolant?
there's quite a few things that can cause idle flux's but i dunno what would do it for 30 seconds then stop...

as for my set up it is just a plan jane stock b16 it has p30 pistons with itr cams, all i have is a aem intake with a dc sport header with 2.25 piping cat back nothing else really as for my set up. as for the crome setting no matter what i did it still didn't act right it just doesn't like crome for some reason not even the guy that was tuning the car could understand what was up with the crome program. but uberdata worked just fine. my coolant is fine it is not low not even in the reserve it is right at the max line. if i put my stock obd2 ecu in it start idles alittle low for a second or two then it idles at about 700 rpms but the obd2 ecu is for a sohc so i didn't like using it not even to drive down to the place to get it tuned, don't get me wrong it runs really good now but i can't figure out the idle going up and down and i can't figure out the starting problem not even the guy that was tuning the car couldn't figure it out!

burn this rom

DONT open it with your crome.

IMO, your DL is fubar, and i would re-install it with the latest version.

https://hondaswap.com/files/b16a_p30pistons_itrcams.bin

if this doesn't start and run your car pretty damn good out of the box, you have something seriously wrong with either:

A- the ecu/socketing job
B- the conversion harness
C- your wiring.
D- your base timing on the distributor
E- the distributor itself

When you open/modify a Crome .bin for the 1st time, you need to click 'Plugins -> Enhancements -> Remove checksum' That will get rid of the 3k rev limit. You need to do this with any .bin fil you modify in Crome. Make the switch, you'll be glad you did.

ahhhhhhhhhh good to know thanks a lot i still need that burner!!!..lol thanks man

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 5 2005, 10:42 AM
so did that bin work for you? i don't remember if i removed the check sum or not on the file...
[post=520724]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah i fixed it i am just waiting for the chip i don't have a burner yet! so i sent it to a friend and he is making the chip for me i am waiting for this guy to get back to me with a burner but he is taking forever!!

Back