Finally taking my California Drivers License Knowledge test..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i remember seeing that shit on tv..
hahaha
i had part of it for my voicemail for a while.

wtf! *facepalm*

i aced the test the first time...

what the hell is wrong with your brain?

if you can't pass the written test, i don't want you on the road either.

I mean, you need to get a 70 on it.... you can get 6 wrong out of 20 here. its pretty sad.

ummm then pick up the damn book and find out

YouTube - Read a Book (Dirty Version)

Don't know if those were directed to the OP or to me, but had I known there was going to be a test for me to transfer my license, I would have found out more info. When I moved from CT to TX, I just handed them my old license and did the vision test and was done. Moving back to CT from TX was the same thing. It's when I got out to NV that I became exposed to this...retardedness.

exactly!
theres some dumb questions..
2. They were asking stuff like how many miles outside of city limits your were allowed to possess certain items in the vehicle
im kinda curious about that one myself..lol

The question they asked on the test that I took was something about fireworks inside city limits. I don't know if there were others like it or not, since that was the only one that I got and only took the test once.

Don't know if those were directed to the OP or to me, but had I known there was going to be a test for me to transfer my license, I would have found out more info. When I moved from CT to TX, I just handed them my old license and did the vision test and was done. Moving back to CT from TX was the same thing. It's when I got out to NV that I became exposed to this...retardedness.

i cant speak for the others, but my post was directed to the OP, who already failed the written portion of the test 3 times in Washington, and already failed a practice test for CA when he took drivers ed there 4+years ago, who doesnt want to have to go "all the way across town" to get the book and read through it for a quick refresher, because he "already read the book. his freshman year. more than 4 years ago"

you have moved several times and for the most part only needed to show proof of current license and ability to see, to get it transferred over to the new state, i do not blame you for not knowing about the NV test.

now back to the OP
i dont remember whether or not there were any weird questions on the CT test, probably because i didnt get any of them wrong.... i blame that on the fact that passing that test was important to me, so i made sure that i knew everything in the state book, and when i took drivers ed i payed attention and took notes, and anything the teacher said that didnt jive with what the state book said, i made sure to ask the teacher about... it was one of the maybe 3 times in my life i ever studied for anything... what i do remember was thinking that the written portion was too short and easy, and that the driving portion of the test was entirely too damn short and doesnt really "test" you at all...

so if getting your fucking license is actually important to you, maybe you should truck your ass across town and get the fucking book from the DMV, then sit down and actually read it... perhaps you wont fail your driving test for the 4th time (5th time if you count the practice test)

i cant speak for the others, but my post was directed to the OP, who already failed the written portion of the test 3 times in Washington, and already failed a practice test for CA when he took drivers ed there 4+years ago, who doesnt want to have to go "all the way across town" to get the book and read through it for a quick refresher, because he "already read the book. his freshman year. more than 4 years ago"

you have moved several times and for the most part only needed to show proof of current license and ability to see, to get it transferred over to the new state, i do not blame you for not knowing about the NV test.

now back to the OP
i dont remember whether or not there were any weird questions on the CT test, probably because i didnt get any of them wrong.... i blame that on the fact that passing that test was important to me, so i made sure that i knew everything in the state book, and when i took drivers ed i payed attention and took notes, and anything the teacher said that didnt jive with what the state book said, i made sure to ask the teacher about... it was one of the maybe 3 times in my life i ever studied for anything... what i do remember was thinking that the written portion was too short and easy, and that the driving portion of the test was entirely too damn short and doesnt really "test" you at all...

so if getting your fucking license is actually important to you, maybe you should truck your ass across town and get the fucking book from the DMV, then sit down and actually read it... perhaps you wont fail your driving test for the 4th time (5th time if you count the practice test)

drivers ed wasnt at the dmv, it was at school.
in california, drivers ed is a requirement to graduate.
and i only missed 2 more than allowed before the teacher taught us anything..
but good point, its not very important to me.
lol

dont get your fucking license then... if its not important to you, stay off the fucking road

:rant: i really wish the US license process was like Germany... there wouldnt be so many mindless fuckbags on the road

Looks like it to me. You kinda brought it on yourself though, don't you think?

yea you really did run into this one,theres a differance between me and you,i havent even tried to get my license,i took divers ed,and i got my drivers permit, aced it acually, just never took the time to go and get my actual license,ill go when i find it needed,but until then,it isnt a big deal to me,and i read the book occasionally,just in case i find it needed hat i get my license ill be up to par

hell i read the book cover to cover...... literally.. i even checked the copyright date just to be sure it was current.

lol
well, yes thats what im saying!
i know how to drive safely, i know all the signs and i dont drink and drive so i dont see the need to read the book to find out how much i can legally drink and drive..

Well yeah I see what you mean in that aspect, but you could also be reading the book and on your way to pass the test but instead you're right here bitching about how these regulations are useless. But look at all the TRULY ffeble minded people out there... Do you think they should be allowed to operate a motor vehicle without first being tested? It's pretty much the same reason they don't want pot heads in the military- They don't want people to fuck it up when the pressure is on.

Well yeah I see what you mean in that aspect, but you could also be reading the book and on your way to pass the test but instead you're right here bitching about how these regulations are useless. But look at all the TRULY ffeble minded people out there... Do you think they should be allowed to operate a motor vehicle without first being tested? It's pretty much the same reason they don't want pot heads in the military- They don't want people to fuck it up when the pressure is on.

i never said i should be exempt from the test.
or these questions.

im just asking people if there are any specifics that could be easily missed if not directly known.. stuff that couldnt be answered by common sense or learned by driving a lot.

go 10 minutes early and read the fucking book before the test
its not like they're novels or anything
shit, most of them are more pictures than words anyway

werd x10... you dont really need to know anything to pass.. just do like recked said, then when you take the test always pick the answer that makes the most sense, or the one that sounds the least retarded.

thats what i do.
but like i said in my last post, common sense doesnt help with specifics..
like, legal blood alcohol level.
i couldnt use common sense to know that .04 is legally sober, .05-.07 is decided in court and .08 is legally drunk.

Back