Finally taking my California Drivers License Knowledge test..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

he might not want to learn this shit, but at least he is honest about it. i do agree with the "if you cant be serious about this, stay the fuck off the roads" mentality however, i mean come on...if you dont know the laws your asking to get fucked.

i never said i should be exempt from the test.
or these questions.

im just asking people if there are any specifics that could be easily missed if not directly known.. stuff that couldnt be answered by common sense or learned by driving a lot.

Every aspect of driving IS common sense and needs to be learned. Whether it is through reading or first hand experience. It's a matter of responsibility. The little laws like BAC and such could save your lives, as well as all your friends/family/co-workers/etc.

If you aren't going to spend the time to learn everything that you can for a drivers test, what are you going to be about the rest of the things in your life? Learning for a driving test isn't a one-time thing. It is a constant learning. You could be driving for the next 50+ years. If you can't equate common sense, logic, and general information into driving, how safe will that really make you?

And what does your lack of care and concern for knowledge say about you and any personal endeavors you may take? Are you not going to learn certain aspects of a job because you don't "think" you may need them? Are you not going to learn to look at things from a different perspective in relationships because you don't "think" you have to change who you are?

Sometimes knowledge isn't about making sense--it's about knowing what could make a difference. Everybody will take things in a different light and sort out it's significance on their own personal level. But disregard for personal improvement is no excuse for ignorance. Nor should it be the reason someone else can't experience an normal, changing livelihood based on your own inability to comply with the norms of society.

common sense isnt something you learn.

common sense

  –noun sound practical judgment that is independent of specialized knowledge, training, or the like; normal native intelligence.

Common sense sometimes isn't anything other than basic knowledge until it is applied. The application of common knowledge (read: experience) is sometimes harder than KNOWING what to do.

Last edited:
not really..
common sense would suggest that a sign that say "stop" means you should stop.
its common knowledge that a stop sign is red.

any tips on what i gotta know?
i failed the knowledge test 3 times up in washington, but i dont know their laws very well.
We have easy tests here. Every single non-english speaking alien has a license here for a reason. It's so freaking easy. They practically hand them out.

We have easy tests here. Every single non-english speaking alien has a license here for a reason. It's so freaking easy. They practically hand them out.

Reminds me of marrid with children when Al is trying to renew his license at the branch Bud works at. Bud says they don't just hand them out, then it pans over to a blind guy and his seeing dog getting their licenses. lol

because they give them in every language.
even the fucking pedestrian signs come in russian, spanish and another language.

not really..
common sense would suggest that a sign that say "stop" means you should stop.
its common knowledge that a stop sign is red.

I beg to differ.

If you had common sense, you would know that you need to read the book and do whatever it is you need to do to accommodate that need. By reading the book (common sense) you will gain the common knowledge that the rest of the world has.

To us, the common knowledge you have led us to states that you have no common sense towards sensible, basic things.

because they give them in every language.
even the fucking pedestrian signs come in russian, spanish and another language.

They still pass with flying colors, while it took you 3 tries. Unless you have a learning disability, I feel if you can't pass the test, you shouldn't be on the road. It's that simple. At that, the tests are too easy. They should make them harder like they do for motorcycle endorsements.

but my point is, it doesnt matter if they dont speak english if they can take the test in their own language..
yeah, its easy if you study.

They still pass with flying colors, while it took you 3 tries. Unless you have a learning disability, I feel if you can't pass the test, you shouldn't be on the road. It's that simple. At that, the tests are too easy. They should make them harder like they do for motorcycle endorsements.

Amen, brotha, say it again.

Back