Finally...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RyanS2K

After 3.5 months of waiting and damn near $1000 in shipping, my stuff arrived from Japan today. I've got to finish test-fitting it, wire up the fogs, get it up to the painter Sunday, help however I can, and pray that the car's done this week. Wing should be here Wednesday, but the hood's still MIA (which is fine - I just finished paying for my honeymoon and am officially a broke bitch till 2/1). I'm having the little grooves on the back of the sideskirts filled, but the slots are staying up front (all the better to feed cold air to the intake I've got planned for the SC).

Also, be on the lookout for a blue RSX base turbo in Turbo Magazine. Ran him last weekend, deserted highway at 1AM. 5-6 car lengths at 120; his dyno sheet was 313hp. Damn automatic transmission is slowing his ass down :)

Ryan

testfit1.jpg

testfit2.jpg

testfit3.jpg

testfit4.jpg

I thought that all your Mugen shit was going to be CF.

Question for everyone, can CF be painted? Can any CF or does it have to be a sertian kind (like a non treated kind)?

*edit, by the way, your car rocks

you can buy different color cf. You can paint a carbon fiber hood but your not painting the fiber your painting the outer coating. Mugen has a ITR & CTR with white painted cf hoods. Its in last month's super street.

Yea i saw those. When my swap comes, (money keeps on being delayed) i am probally going to get a CF hood but i want to keep the sleeper look that is why painting it would help

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 18 2003, 12:43 AM
I thought that all your Mugen shit was going to be CF.

Question for everyone, can CF be painted? Can any CF or does it have to be a sertian kind (like a non treated kind)?

*edit, by the way, your car rocks

The mugen hood is CF (it's the part that's MIA) - I'm painting the outside of it except for the vents. The underside will still be CF. Somewhat stealth, but when I've got the hood up, you'll definitely be able to tell it's a full CF hood. The mugen wing has a couple CF pieces on the end-caps, but it's fiberglass. CF can easily be painted, though.

The kit's not the mugen one - i almost went with the mugen front and rear, but it's crazy $$$ and there's about a dozen other S2000s in the US with the same setup. The only person in the country that had the kit I bought (as far as I know) totalled his car last year. I wanted to be original, and not roll with the Veilside stuff (although I may do their tonneau cover), so we coughed up the cash and waited for months to get the stuff direct from Japan.

The fit owns... hands down, some of the nicest fiberglass shit I've seen. Makes the Kaminari stuff I bought for my old Sol look like a cheap-ass eBay knock-off kit. The directions are very thorough, I just can't read kanji...

Ryan

:worthy: love your car man. that is one nice looking kit! if you want my opinion, i'd keep the hood unpainted. i think the cf has a cool looking texture, and it looks real good on a black car. also, what is the point of a stealth hood when you already have sweetass rims and a full body kit?

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Jan 18 2003, 02:12 AM
:worthy: love your car man. that is one nice looking kit! if you want my opinion, i'd keep the hood unpainted. i think the cf has a cool looking texture, and it looks real good on a black car. also, what is the point of a stealth hood when you already have sweetass rims and a full body kit?

:werd: :withstupid:

Personally, I'd paint it except for a narrow 1/2' stripe down the middle. BTW, what type of wheels are on the s2k? I love the Chronos on the RSX.
And you need to re-signup at the HAG forums. hondagallery.com/forums

Originally posted by Prowler@Jan 18 2003, 08:17 PM
Personally, I'd paint it except for a narrow 1/2' stripe down the middle. BTW, what type of wheels are on the s2k? I love the Chronos on the RSX.
And you need to re-signup at the HAG forums. hondagallery.com/forums

The way Mugen does the hood is to paint it all except the vents - I'm going that route.

The wheels on the S are 18" SSR GT3s (staggered, 18x8 up front and 18x9.5 in the back) with Yokohama AVS ES100s. They're one of the few sets I could find that actually fit the car (strange offsets) and took over a month to get :(

Yah, I'm a big fan of the Chronos - light as hell (considering), at 18lbs for an 18.7.5" wheel.

I just re-registered :)

Ryan

Back