first time at track... i suck, my car sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
also, if you don't have enough pressure, you are going to have control problems. your tires will get wobbly, and worse case scenario, the bead will pop off the rim.

odds are, you will get your best launch in the 2500 ish range rpm and a HEAVY ride of the clutch.

this is precisely how i got several 2.3 60 ft times back to back anything more than 3000 rpms and the tires spin all the way through first and halfway through second. i was just a little dissapointed cause there was another guy there that was hitting 2.1-2.2 with his integra on street tires.

this is precisely how i got several 2.3 60 ft times back to back anything more than 3000 rpms and the tires spin all the way through first and halfway through second. i was just a little dissapointed cause there was another guy there that was hitting 2.1-2.2 with his integra on street tires.
he might have had lsd. i have seen people drop as much as .3-.7 1/4mile e.t. with just a type r tranny.

no its a ls with the original engine and transmission... guess the kid can drive... his tires are nitto neogen.

well, it makes sense. you are catching him on top end when you get traction. better tires and lsd and you are running mid 14's. end of story.

well, it makes sense. you are catching him on top end when you get traction. better tires and lsd and you are running mid 14's. end of story.

so you think its worth it to pick up a couple wheels and put some drag radials on there? or maybe just get some better tires when these toyos wear out.... what are some good street tires anyways since you say the proxes and the neogens are garbage?

nitto 555 are pretty good they are more street but they can hold up pretty well under drag conditions.
or if u just want some slicks imo hoosier is the best.

lol maybe for mustangs...
AFAIK, hoosier doesn't even make anything that will fit a honda.
Hoosier D.O.T. Drag Radial Tires - summitracing.com

none of those will clear the fenders... no way.

I personally think drag racing is f'ing gay... so, i wouldn't recommend buying wheels/tires for drag unless its something you're into.

you'll have a LOT more fun turning :)

my thoughts also B thats y i got into the scca more fun not expensive at all and meet cool new people.
but if he wants too, all for him

my thoughts also B thats y i got into the scca more fun not expensive at all and meet cool new people.

d15b16coupe- was that a serious post about not removing ps and a/c? cus that was the dumbest comment ive ever heard if it was. removing ps and a/c equal weight reduction which u would run faster prolly not alot but it helps and that would be saying pro teams are ricers cuz there full drag cars dont ahve that.

d15b16coupe- was that a serious post about not removing ps and a/c? cus that was the dumbest comment ive ever heard if it was. removing ps and a/c equal weight reduction which u would run faster prolly not alot but it helps and that would be saying pro teams are ricers cuz there full drag cars dont ahve that.

<-Doesn't have A/C or P/S...car didn't come with it. A/C adds around 60-lbs; at least on the 88-91's. :)

Also, drag racing correctly does not mean parts will break unless they can't handle the output.

im not trying to build a drag car.... next time i go to the track ill take my system out, and buying slicks or DRs is far from the top of the list of things i want to buy for my car. this thread is great though, nice suggestions all around. i live so close to moroso that im definitely going to have to go back. it was fun the first time, and im sure it will be more fun if i get better and more consistent. im sure my car could run 14s as it sits right now.... ill let ya know :D

You fail. Both times. Its called parasitic loss. Look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back