freeeeeeee...freeee.....free

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ill try to get my friend with the trailer but as of right now im driving it back. almost scared to ask, but what u think the mpg is now? 2+ hours of driving cant get to expensive though.

Tow it. You're gonna take on NYC with a slipping tranny?

-> Steve

I'd say to tow it...if I had a chance next week, and a ride back...then I would drive it down while it's still insured and legal....so if something happens...i's safe and legal...

I honestly couldn't allow it to be taken that far unregistered, and un-insured...thats just like asking for trouble.

right now im driving it, BUT tomm ill call my friend with the trailer and see what hes doing. but, hell no, i would never drive through nyc, ill drive an hour out of the way b4 that. i hate that place with any car. i hope i got a tow.

what are you doing on monday? i couldnt find a ride sunday plus the rents are coming to check out the new house. i can get there any time of day, whenever its better for you.

Monday I'll be working on some altima tranny problem...
Then after that I'll be at the house everyday trying to get cars running....

Originally posted by Airjockie@Aug 22 2005, 01:25 AM
Monday I'll be working on some altima tranny problem...
Then after that I'll be at the house everyday trying to get cars running....
[post=543349]Quoted post[/post]​

let me know when is a good time, im free everyday til i start school on the 1st. its just a matter of if my friend is available to drive my car back. but like i said, the day and time is your decision.

can you get the trailer....that would make me feel a lot better....

cuz I got to get the insurance and reg's dropped on it tommorrow...

I know I said I would drive it if I had the time...well..my time just got more hectic... Z might need a swap, the Civic might need a swap..and the CRX deff has a swap....plus now it looks like I got another car to work on with a leaking tranny....

Originally posted by Airjockie@Aug 22 2005, 04:29 AM
can you get the trailer....that would make me feel a lot better....

cuz I got to get the insurance and reg's dropped on it tommorrow...

I know I said I would drive it if I had the time...well..my time just got more hectic... Z might need a swap, the Civic might need a swap..and the CRX deff has a swap....plus now it looks like I got another car to work on with a leaking tranny....
[post=543383]Quoted post[/post]​

ill trailer it but i would need some time to arrange it with a few of my friends. ill make a few calls and see what i can do by the end of the day.

That makes me fell a whole lot better....

then it's your.....now to get down to the gritty stuff....want the CD player/electric rad fan left in it???

I'm calling the insurance to drop it right now...so I can add the suby to the policy...

Originally posted by Airjockie@Aug 22 2005, 02:27 PM
That makes me fell a whole lot better....

then it's your.....now to get down to the gritty stuff....want the CD player/electric rad fan left in it???

I'm calling the insurance to drop it right now...so I can add the suby to the policy...
[post=543576]Quoted post[/post]​

is it just a head unit? how much we talking for both or either one?

well...lets just say:

it did get a new Sony CD HU, that was $125 from Circuit City...

I installed it after the incident where some guy decided to take the old one...and he destroyed the dash and the intire dash wireing...I was chasing shorts like crazy, and many hours went into fixing them all...plus I had to get a $60 cover to replace the main dash piece that he busted getting the old sterio out...from Ebay of course...

I can leave it in and still fell good about my selft for some cash or a few cases of beer...

And then there's the electric fan I installed...from Jegs it was $117 bucks...and it added the extra cooling to the engine I wanted to tow cars with for...plus it cut out the paracitic drag that rotating a stock fan would draw....so it improved gas milage a little, and power...so it's a plus to have..surrently that fan is on the floor waiting to get stepped on because it didnt have the CFMs to cool the Z on the GW bridge for that MD drift event... :angry: but the Jeep also has the A/C fan to help when it needs more cooling....but that normally didn't come on when the fan was in the Jeep... same deal...make it worth my time in cash and/or beer...

plus I did mention that in all..I've dumped more than 4+K's into this car, worked on it constantly...and I got to the point to where a simple tranny swap is just not worth my time or broken back...so I say fugg it.....it's free...get it out of my hair. I got other cars waiting for shit to be done to them...and I got other cars to get me around now...even thru winter...so AWD Scuby>Jeep IMHO.....

the Jeep needs work..and I need it out of my hair...and it is presently off my insurance so I got to go deregister it ASAP before the CT DMV Nazies find out and want to charge me $100 de-registration fee for lack of insurance...like they did with the Supra I had....

come and get it...and have a tow truck, money for a snack in the truck, money for the tolls that will charge per axle...unless you know of a lot of backroads..and something to set me up for a few days in the refreshment department... ;)

and get this out of my hair....

PS...$50 bucks..and I'll throw in that wing :lol:

ill probably take the head unit but i dont need this thing to be extra cool, this jeep will see nothing but dd duty. and i would only rock the wing if it were free. what kind of beer do you like? after all if i got a friend trailering it ill drink a few with you.

your lucky im getting a free truck, because i dont really like corona at all. still looking for a tow at this point but all sources have not been exhausted.

Back