Fuel Inejectors Trouble..please Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

importimage

Recently my car has been cutting out at 6500 rpm. Could this be that my fuel filter is clogged or the injectors are dirty or whatelse??

I live in BC, Canada and it gets cold here in the winter. My car sat in the garage for 4 months. I started it up once or twice to idle for 5-10 minutes.

I have a CR/VTEC Turbo setup with Hondata.

it doesn't do it all the time?? will it trigger a CEL that goes away when you let off the gas??

my hondata randomly disconnected a few times the other day.. at 7200 rpm one time it was like i hit a rev limiter... i'm still looking into this more

I have Hondata as well....perhaps I need my chip reprogrammed. Supposedly there was a fault in the ECU for creating a lopy idle as well. I have to get my tuner to take care of this when I see him. He is 750 KM away from me...which sucks!

What do you mean CEL...sorry??

Originally posted by importimage@May 20 2003, 07:53 PM

What do you mean CEL...sorry??

Check Engine Light = CEL

Pills PMD

1. Once I hit 6500 rpm, the CEL comes on. The car still drives but the CEL stays on. I am running a B17a ECu with Hondata Stage 2 with boost. You mention that you have an idle fix map and pocket programmer, are you able to help me fix this problem.

2. I was driving my car the other day and in 4th gear I went to mat it to the floor and the car was farting as though the head gasket wanted to fail. Through gears 1,2,3 it never does this. Just a thought.....I am running the Apexi AVCR boost controller. I had to disconnect the negative battery terminal and the hazard fuse to rid that CEL code 16 I threw. When I did this, could this have set the Apexi settings to stock...therefore overboosting too fast etc???? I never touch the unit because it was fine where it was set. The dude who tuned the car had it mint when it was on the dyno. I do not know where it was set at. Can you give me some feedback???

When you said that it could be faulty electronics in the interface box.....do you mean the small Hondata box???? Or the ECU?????

Back