Fuel Pressure question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
im running the DSM 450cc injectors on my JDM h22a with a chipped p28. when i first got the ecu and the injectors in, the car would start but wouldnt run. i would stay on for 3 seconds then shut off. i then bought a fuel pressure regulator and gauge and up the stock 40psi to 50psi and i got the car to start and run but when i stepped on the gas the engine bogged and shut off. i upped the fuel pressure to 65 psi and the car ran and stayed on and thats what ive had it at since. my air/ fuel reading is showing a ideal reading as well but something that ive been noticing lately was, usually when i turn my car off, the fuel pressure drops about 20 psi and will stay like that almost till the next day but lately ive noticed that within 20 mins. of me shutting the car off the fuel pressure will drop to 0psi. sometimes it does that, sometimes it dosent. now i dont exactacly know if that means anything or not but i did notice that the car has been harder to start lately.
any suggestions???

Check the program on your chip? If it's a pre-burned program that's not tailored to YOUR setup, I'm 90% sure that's where your problem is. Get your car on a dyno+wideband and tune it with a custom program.

its not the chip im sure of that....ive been running this chip for the past 2 months no problems. the problem( or even if it is a problem) is that my fuel pressure drops to 0psi in about 10 seconds after the car is shut off as oppose to it holding the fuel pressure for hours. my question is is this normal or is this a sign of something wrong. im definately not leaking fuel from anywhere so i just need to find out where its losing pressure or if it is suppose to do what its doing

Quoted post[/post]]
its not the chip im sure of that....ive been running this chip for the past 2 months no problems. the problem( or even if it is a problem) is that my fuel pressure drops to 0psi in about 10 seconds after the car is shut off as oppose to it holding the fuel pressure for hours. my question is is this normal or is this a sign of something wrong. im definately not leaking fuel from anywhere so i just need to find out where its losing pressure or if it is suppose to do what its doing

what kind of fuel pressure regulator is it?

didnt you say the car wouldnt start after you installed the injectors?? so how could you be running that program for two months?

also, you didnt have the TPS or Map disconnected when installing the injectors did you?? maybe you crossed the plugs, sounds silly but the car dying when you touch the gas is the complaint when the two are crossed.

just some places to start, i really dont know what youve done or what your full setup is.

Back