Gas prices

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I went on a little bike ride with my friend, me on the 1200 and he on his 1800.

I watched him pump gas into his Honda at $3.96 a gallon. I couldn't believe my fucking eyes.

Gotta love the fact those bikes have bigger engines than my current DD.:D

the VTX 1800 (1.8) has 110 hp and 118 lbs/ft of torque at less than 4000 rpms.

My zx12R (1.2) has 190 hp (with ram air, at speed) and 160hp static, with about 120 lbs/ft of torque at about 10,000 rpm.

both get 40mpg or so in the bike frames that hold them. The current market leader for torque is the Triumph Rocket 3, which is about 150lbs ft of torque or so with 2.2 liters of beautiful artwork engine. The new Raider is a 2.2 liter as well.

with all the gas problems, has anybody paid attention to the cost of a quart of engine oil?

It's like $4 isn't it? Or maybe $5? I dunno, last time had my oil changed was at the mechanics and before that was like last fall lol. I did it myself, but I don't remember what it costed....

Everything goes up. a Quart of oil has not gone up for business reasons, I'm sure. I remember $1 quarts of Castrol, and it's now $4 to $6 a quart. But before this whole thing went to shit, I firmly believe in HIGH QUALITY lubricants, and now I'm happy to spend $20 for a quart of Redline, or $80 for a quart of Agip.

I pay around 3.85 a gallon for mid-grade, and it's E10 (because I can't get anything else here.) It fucking sucks, and it's fucking up my engine.

Next time I fill up, I'll take a picture of the price-sign. What's worse, is that the gasoline price that AAFES pays, is set by treaty. So it doesn't fluctuate. They get it right from the refineries at set prices. THEN the motherfuckers charge us OVER the US DoE average. And the pumps aren't trade-legal, so I get less than I pay for most of the time. Bitter? Nah.

i work at a gas station, and pretty much only two things make the price of fuel go down:
1. wal-mart drops their price.
2. people buy less fuel.

that's it. everyone's trying to make the most profit they can.

also, jets and cruise ships and freighters and trains make the most pollution

ch.gaschart

we're still far below canada.... so i guess that's a plus.
but, we have broken katrina averages :(

rumour has it, truckers are going on strike april 1st. i'm curious to see what this does.

Oh, it also doesn't help that the fed cut the dollar again, so technically, we still have $2 gas.... it's just that our dollar is worth 20 cents now

So when is an electric car feasible for the everyday consumer?
Get a stationary bike to charge it :mellow:.

So when is an electric car feasible for the everyday consumer?
Get a stationary bike to charge it :mellow:.
You'll have to pedal about 30 miles to get one mile out of the car.

ch.gaschart

we're still far below canada.... so i guess that's a plus.
but, we have broken katrina averages :(

rumour has it, truckers are going on strike april 1st. i'm curious to see what this does.

Oh, it also doesn't help that the fed cut the dollar again, so technically, we still have $2 gas.... it's just that our dollar is worth 20 cents now

I fail to see where the fed "cut the dollar" by lowering interest rates.

Back