Gear Slippage? Possibly?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lantis

I was in the '92 Accord and was at a stop sign, and then pressed the gas to go, and it got up to about 35 (in that area) and it did its gear shift but it felt like the next gear didnt engage. It was going and then when it started its shift it just kinda stopped, I pressed the gas a bit and it wouldn't go, so I pressed the brake and started slowing down thinking I had blown up the engine, and pressed the gas every few seconds to see if I could get it to go, and once it got down to like 25 it started going again. It's an automatic so I was wondering if maybe it just missed the next gear and I had to slow down and wait for it to go back in gear or if something else is wrong.

Ah, well it probably hasn't been checked or refilled or anything since '92

>.> I swear the previous owner didn't take care of this car, the battery was all corroded and the interior was filthy.. in the first two days I had it, I spent like 10 hours cleaning it and everything.

so do it.

Change the filter and put some new fluid in it. It's nto that hard

If it;s like a FORD its a PITA, because there isn't a drain plug. You have to work it off while draining it throught the pan.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 14 2005, 06:24 AM
so do it.

Change the filter and put some new fluid in it. It's nto that hard

If it;s like a FORD its a PITA, because there isn't a drain plug. You have to work it off while draining it throught the pan.
[post=499134]Quoted post[/post]​

I suck at hands on stuff, I am gonna get my dad to help me. He has been working on his own cars for years. Now I just gotta get him to stop being lazy and help me ;_;

Back