GM cuts 25,000 jobs!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Jun 8 2005, 12:41 PM-->
@Jun 8 2005, 10:36 AM
the new z06 will have 550 hp, the highest of any production vette ever.
and they are reviving the ss line, impala ss is supposed to have 450 hp.

its all in the new motor trend. maybe that will help them out.

i think they were dumbasses for dropping the trans am in favor of the gto
[post=509686]Quoted post[/post]​

:yes:

They really took a gamble on the GTO, and it fell on its face.
[post=509687]Quoted post[/post]​

gm cut production of the Fbody because they weren't advertising it. They didn't want to advertise it, they wanted it dead to move on to another nameplate.

How many of you guys that are over 25 remember ever seeing a Camaro commercial? I know I've never seen one.

The vette is advertised a lot, and I see just as many driving around as I do LS1/LT1 Camaros.

And yes the GTO fell flat on it's over priced Australian Monaro based platform face, but a few are selling. I know a guy that just bought an 04 LS2 GTO, it's not a bad car really, diehard GTO fans just don't like how they used an existing platform to build it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 7 2005, 11:16 AM
there it goes....

http://money.cnn.com/2005/06/07/news/fortu...sings/index.htm

how long before gm is null and void?
[post=509004]Quoted post[/post]​

This is GM's only chance at becoming competitive in the market place again. Its a step they needed to take.

For hydaui to build a car in the states, it costs $30 an hour, with labor unions for GM it costs $90. Hydaui has a $3000 profit margin on GM for every car it sells.

They need to outsource or break the union, along with renig on their benefits in order to be competitive in today's market place. Some gross amount of money goes towards benefits with GM, I forget the number but I've heard it stated before.

Back