GSR and EJ1 wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OmniCoupe

Hey guys. I asked a few things in someone else's thread and someone suggested I start my own. So quoting so far for now.

Hey, I'm also doing this swap but it's a bit different. I have a jdm EJ1 and a jdm GSR complete with harness, ecu etc.
The car is obd1, and the engine is obd2a, so I'm gonna cut the harness about 10" from the ecu plugs and just splice the appropriate wires into the obd1 harness using diagrams, then add the extra wires, IAB etc.
I'm doing this because I chipped a P91 and it's giving a cel code for faulty ecu. I believe it's just my crappy soldering. I have another p91 and a jdm p08, and another chipping kit from xenocron. I just don't have time to chip properly before the swap so I'll use the obd2a p72 for now. But I plan to use a chipped obd1 so I want to leave the old harness in for later.

So I'm cool on the passenger side (jdm), but what about the harness on the driver/tranny side? can I just plug the engine side plugs to the car side plugs on the shock tower and hope? I'm not finding anything online with regards to this.
If I find nothing I guess I can look at which sensors go to which wires on my old engine and rewire to suit.

Also a question to Dukie432, when you made the spacers for the tranny top mount, were the holes on the mount directly above the bolts on the tranny? I also wanna do this because I don't want to move the bracket on the car body. was planning to use spacers, take the bolts out of the tranny and use you longer bolts to run thought the mount, through the spacers and into the tranny.

You're creating hours of unncessary work for yourself. Either reuse the original civic harness and lengthen a few connectors and use an OBD1 distributor, alternator or injectors, or use an OBD2 USDM Integra engine harness (ideally a '96 - '99 harness), or cut and splice the OBD2 injector, distributor and alternator plugs and replace them with ones from the JDM harness. DO NOT under any circumstances try to reuse the JDM engine harness.

They don't quite line up, they are about 1/2" off.

You should also create your own thread.

I'm not quote following you there 94EG8.
First of all, am using the original civic harness, I'm just using the end of the new harness to splice in there so that the obd2 p72 can be used for now. The extra gsr wires I will run. Won't that work? And I can splice that harness in about 40 minutes.

secondly, I should have said this. I live in Trinidad. Here we get jdm and jdm only when it comes to Honda. So a usdm Interga engine harness is out of the question.

And why not reuse the jdm engine harness?

For reference, I'm almost finished with the wiring.
I used the engine harness that came with the engine and passed it through next to the old harness. I didn't want to go through the work of separating the engine wires with the rest of the car's electrical system.
Remember the car's RHD
So after passing the harness through I simply spliced the new wires into the old corresponding wires from the P08 harness. Was ony a couple wires. Just had to print out both pinouts and let common sense prevail. On the driver's side (right), I just plugged the harness into the old one at the shock tower. Everything matched up, except the rad fan control relay. I'm suspecting that its not the harness there, but my mistake at the ecu. Checking that out today.
Also, I have a cel code saying IACV. Didn't see any wire breaks, so i'll bypass the wires and see if that fixes it.
Car's been running for a week and even though I'm scared, I'm proud.

Back