gsr cams or b16a cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

longshot

does anyone know which have more lift and duration? thanks in advance

gsr cams are better than stock or like skunk stg1 cams or something similar. u can usually get the gsr cams for cheaper than aftermarket cams for the b16, plus the gsr cams will net u more power.

gsr cams are better than stock or like skunk stg1 cams or something similar. u can usually get the gsr cams for cheaper than aftermarket cams for the b16, plus the gsr cams will net u more power.

very helpful. thank you very much.

and you know i have a b16a then? just checking

you only need the gsr intake cam, the exhaust cams are the same for all b series vtec engines (except type R I think)
Get a set of cam gears too, they will also help out with the "tuning"

Be careful, SOME B16a engines from automatic cars have only valve single springs on the intake and exhaust sides, DO NOT USE GSR CAMS if your engine doesn't have dual valve springs (1 inside the other) otherwise you will break retainers or valve springs with the higher lift GSR cams, either way it'll be a bad day. It is easy to take a look and see if you see a smaller spring inside the larger outer springs.

well, for the most part, my head survived some stage 3 camms so far. and im taking those out, for safety issues

welfare so if i run a gsr cam in my kar it'll blow my springs?

i was thinking about doing that... ? i have stock springs in mine..

if you have a jdm b16 that originally came from an automatic trans car, then yes, easiest way to tell is to look at the calve springs and see if they are dual or not.

B16A cams are the worst of all the DOHC VTEC cams. GS-Rs are good for boost and an improvement over the B16As for all-motor, CTRs and ITRs are a major improvement over the B16s for all-motor but its a good idea to run the CTR/ITR valvetrain as well, where as the GSRs can be dropped straight in. :thumbsup:

Back