GSR engine into 98 civic with LS engine/trans already

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

philyphreak2127

Back in the Game
Okay so does anyone know what if anything (besides wiring vtec/ecu) that would need to be changed when swapping a gsr engine into a 98 civic with an ls engine and trans already? I do not know the exact year the engine we are swapping in or the year of the engine in the car already have yet to look at it in person.

also will need to wire up the secondaries

other than that you already did everything necessary

Okay so got some more details. The LS engine is and obd2 97 to be exact, as is the harness and trans. The GSR engine however is an obd1 from a 94 I believe. However my question is without having seen the car in person yet, can we use the obd2 LS harness still, find an obd2 GSR ecu, and distributor and pretty much as stated before wire in vtec and the knock sensor(also looking into rywire subharness)?

Okay so got some more details. The LS engine is and obd2 97 to be exact, as is the harness and trans. The GSR engine however is an obd1 from a 94 I believe. However my question is without having seen the car in person yet, can we use the obd2 LS harness still, find an obd2 GSR ecu, and distributor and pretty much as stated before wire in vtec and the knock sensor(also looking into rywire subharness)?

Been a while since I even thought about mix and matching Hondas BUT I'm listening to the Ramones atm so what can go wrong?

Use the injectors from the LS, find an OBD II (vtec? don't remember if it's the same as the LS) B series distributor, and ECU, run the wires for the IAB's, vtec and go.

Back